Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Senior Program Manager, Vaccine Operations Project Manager in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Program Manager working on the Vaccine Operations Project Management team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
The Senior Program Manager is a recognized expert in managing complex, high-risk global projects which have a broad impact on the vaccine business unit (VBU). This position (1) engages and leads global, multi-disciplinary project teams from initiation to closure to achieve the program s strategic objectives; (2) supports the application of appropriate alliance management methodologies and systems; (3) works with the Technical Development Team Leaders, contributes to the development and implementation of project management standards and best practices within Vaccine Operations (VO); (4) works closely and collaborates with VO functions (Product Operations, Analytical Development, Drug Product Development, Supply Chain) and with other functions within VBU (Regulatory, Clinical, Quality) to create integrated project plans.
- Lead the project management for global projects with multiple work streams (drug substance, drug product, CRO s, etc.) and integrate implications for any external operations.
- Work closely with functional staff across all facets of vaccine product development and are responsible for end to end project success: from scoping, developing workplans for successful implementation, risk and change management, budget management and performance measurement.
- Effectively engage with key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure timely implementation of project objectives. Identify interdependencies and connections between departments and ensure visibility and alignment.
- Define and manage critical path, proactively identify and escalate issues and solutions.
- Maintain detailed global project documentation for knowledge management.
- Support the strategic definition, creation, documentation and maintenance of project management standards, processes and tools in order to develop and promote the use of best practices across VO globally.Operational Excellence
- Demonstrate strategic thought and resource planning to support multi-geographic programs and personnel.
- Drive the rigor with which we manage programs through the use of both project management best practices and technical program development via the appropriate application of Quality by Design (QbD).
- Ensure that VO tactical execution and related budget plans are developed and maintained and that information is effectively utilized by the VO leadership team.
- Identify issues and obstacles that could impact the timely completion of VO deliverables and resolve them with team members and/or the relevant functional management.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for change; plan for team to meet new challenges.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree or higher in science or business-related field
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience within the biologics pharmaceutical industry in the area of CMC or research and development
- Experience implementing systems and processes for support of cross-functional activities
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/present key information to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and drive resolution of issues while maintaining positive working relationships across functions
- Experience in managing external contractors
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions
- Experience establishing and managing global teams across geographic regions
- Experience with Quality by Design (QbD)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to assess business needs and apply process and systems-based solutions and take initiatives from concept to completion
- Ability to work across geographic areas with sensitivity to cultural differences
- Ability to establish and articulate processes which impact cross-functionally
- Ability to recognize problems before they occur, to appropriately raise issues to management, to bring an insightful approach to problem solving, and to communicate issues to stakeholders in a mature, professional manner
- Problem solving ability to think through problems and propose solutions to complex problems
- Strategic thinking ability to approach specific issues/problems with understanding of the larger context
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Negotiation and strong persuasive abilities
- Management skills ability to handle a variety of diverse tasks simultaneously while achieving deadlines.
- Presentation ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness, self-motivation, initiative, and attention to detail
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects.
- Up to approximately 10% travel to coordinate and discuss finance issues and work directly with the global VBU or global Finance organization
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.