US-NJ, Executive Director-Medical Affairs-Strategy & Operations P&P Job 405922500A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 47223BR|
Title Executive Director-Medical Affairs-Strategy & Operations P&P
Job Category Medical
Job Description Purpose
Develop the medical strategy for diabetes and obesity, ensuring alignment and inclusion of all Medical Affairs (MA) activities, to support the commercial and scientific objectives of the company. Ensure Medical Strategies are developed in alignment with other key functional areas, including CMR, sales, marketing, managed care and government affairs. Develop strategies to appropriately position NN products within the market and ensure the MA group has appropriate training and knowledge in all areas that impact diabetes and obesity management and delivery of care. Interface with multiple foundations and associations to represent Novo Nordisk in the most positive light and identify national and international opportunities for collaboration in Diabetes Management and Care. Assist with the development of policy and broker national and global contacts to further the interests of Novo Nordisk. Identify and provide strategic framework for KOL engagement across NNI. Develop and maintain IT solutions for appropriate tracking of Field Medical Affairs activities. Partner with CMR and Global Medical Affairs (GMA) leadership and other Directors in Medical Affairs to ensure operational support for clinical studies (NN and Investigator Initiated). Contribute to the development of publications directed at increasing awareness and helping to translate treatment guidelines into practical recommendations
This position reports directly to the VP, Medical Affairs – Diabetes & Obesity and is accountable for managing multiple internal relationships within NNI and Global HQ. External relationships include key influencers, e.g., expert advisory board members, investigators, other consultants, as well as U.S.-based professional and patient societies and associations. Works in close collaboration with leadership from Marketing, CMR, GMA, Sales, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Sub-Teams to ensure consistent and aligned strategies around the management of external key relationships and organizations.
* Authors, co-authors and trains medical affairs organization on relevant SOPs, business processes, etc.
* Develops and ensures implementation of MA functional meeting and training plan in collaboration with product Medical Directors, CMR training and associated vendors.
* Develops and executes internal MA communication platform and plan in partnership with Corporate Communications
* Develops organizational design plans and recommendations in collaboration with the MA Leadership Team (MALT) based on evolving market dynamics and HCP/influencer needs.
* Ensures that medical and clinical recommendations, based on clinical counterintelligence evaluation, are utilized to provide insight and strategic guidance to enhance company decision making and understanding of the market
* Leads and manages MA budget utilization and project prioritization
* Leads collection, assessment and communication of clinical and market insights from FMA customers across
* NNI and global, in close collaboration with U.S. Competitive Intelligence, GLIA and global R&D Leads development and implementation of all new hire and existing hire FMA training on scientific and business knowledge content
* Leads development and maintenance of NNI Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Strategy in collaboration with all NNI and HQ, including KOL identification, segmentation, engagement planning and tracking
* Leads the development and maintenance of technologies and systems for medical affairs to facilitate external customer engagement, knowledge management and compliance, e.g., OSS, Heartbeat, KOL kb, iPad Apps, etc.
* Leads the development and training around all diabetes and obesity scientific resources for use by FMA with external customers
* Leads the development, alignment and communication of medical affairs strategies across NNI, CMR, MA and GMA.
* Leads the development, alignment and communication of strategic partnerships with key professional and patient societies for diabetes, obesity, primary care, managed markets, e.g., ADA, JDRF, AMGA, ACP, etc. Leads the Investigator-Initiated Studies (IIS) program and process for NNI and works in close collaboration with GMA to ensure appropriate review of proposals
Additional Information Essential Functions Continued
* Partner with GMA to standardize medical competencies, strategies and operations across affiliates Provides strategic input into the development and implementation of a portfolio-wide medical education and publication strategies (with SAC)
* Represents NNI Medical on the Global StratOps Forum, led by GMA
* Responsible for building and supporting organizational project management and operations capabilities and needs, e.g., reporting, resource allocation.
* Responsible for building MA competencies and organizational capabilities related to business market knowledge
* Responsible for coordination of MA review and feedback on all medical education grants
* Responsible for designing and implementing MA innovation pilots in collaboration with NNI, CMR and GMA Responsible for development and conduct of Portfolio-focused advisory boards, including content development and advisor selection in collaboration with GMA, Market Shaping and Global Development Responsible for ensuring coordination and planning of MA support for PRB; directly responsible for all portfolio and disease state PRB medical review
* Responsible for planning, measuring and reporting on impact of FMA support of NNI clinical trial programs, e.g., MARC
* Serves as point for discussing annual plans and issue mitigation with priority KOLs (top 100 across diabetes and obesity)
* Serves as the MA point to enterprise-wide diabetes and obesity strategy development teams for NNI, e.g., Patient-Centric Strategy, Diabetes Portfolio Strategy, Obesity Market Development, etc.
* Stays abreast of regulatory requirements and guidelines, current trends and medical practices in the field of endocrinology and diabetes, including reports and intelligence on new technologies or treatment advances Supports SAC and Market Shaping in developing and executing strategy around medical congresses and speaker programs
Development of People
* Ensure that reporting personnel have 3P forms with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
* Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
* Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
* A terminal doctoral degree and at least 10 years progressive experience, required, with at least 5 years of experience managing managers of others
* At least 5-7 years of experience leading both Medical Affairs home-office and field-based teams
* Research or pharmaceutical industry experience in the field of endocrinology and metabolism preferred
* Strong communications and relationship building capacity
* Strong strategic mindset, understanding of market needs and resource allocation
* Very strong familiarity with medical affairs activities such as Medical & KOL strategy and management, medical education, medical operations, clinical C.I., medical congresses, investigator-initiated studies and professional society relationship management
Department CMR - MEDICAL AFFAIRS STRATEGY & OPS P&P
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com