Regionally Focused in: Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Indy, Cincinnati
Serving as a field-based extension of Medical Affairs, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the Company and their novel, first in class therapy, investigational compound being evaluated for a rare and chronic autoimmune disorder. The MSL will build long term peer to peer relationships with thought leaders, payers and other stakeholders within the medical hematology/oncology and transplant community to deliver clinical, scientific, and technical education.
The MSL will identify, develop and maintain effective professional relationships with critical customers in a specified geography in an effort to build and maintain a repository of Key Opinion Leaders for research initiatives, advisory boards and other opportunities for collaboration. These compliant scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current therapeutic concepts, as well as ensure the safe and effective utilization of Company product(s).
- Identify, develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in the region
- Work with other internal medical affairs personnel on initiatives including publications, investigator sponsored research, participation at advisory boards, speaker/training and other educational programs
- Serve as scientific peer-to-peer resource to disease experts and medical community with up-to-date relevant medical information and product information
- Respond to unsolicited requests for medical information in the region in a timely manner. Ensure that an accurate and fair-balanced response is provided consistent with company compliance training
- Discuss and assess unsolicited investigator-initiated research proposals based on company strategies. Serve as point-person and conduit for respective projects
- Comply with company and industry guidelines in all activities and communication
US-IL | US-WI | US-MN | US-IN | US-OH
- Advanced clinical or scientific degree (MD, PharmD, PhD in Biological Sciences) is required. RN or PA degrees with strong relevant clinical experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a MSL in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry required. 5+ years of MSL experience strongly preferred.
- Therapeutic experience in hematology/oncology, autoimmune diseases and/or nephrology/kidney transplant strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in recently-launched biologics or therapeutics is a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have well-established networks and active relationships with hematologist (heme/oncs).
- Ability to work in cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific/ medical information to the medical community
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally.
- Clear understanding of the inter-relationship between field medical and commercial teams
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written), be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Working knowledge and understanding of FDA requirements and PhRMA guidelines.
- Ability to travel within region on average 50% (3-4 days per week with 1-2 office days). Required travel to medical meetings, team meetings and other group meetings (will require some weekends).
- Valid driveru2019s license.