Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Physician Scientist in our Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- The Physician Scientist; Translational Research Leader Inflammation/IBD is a global leader responsible to provide medical perspective to early research and target selection, define and implement translational medicine (TM) strategies/plans and to secure execution.
- TM strategy/plan describe the approach to and activities required to define patient population / segmentation and establish target engagement, proof of pharmacology and early evidence for clinical efficacy in phase 1/2a studies.
- Define strategies and plans for revers translation of human tissue and clinical study data to support new target generation, patient segmentation and define implications for ongoing projects.
- The successful candidate will play a critical role in progression of projects from early research to clinical Proof of Concept (PoC) in patients
- As a leader within the GI DDU, working within a highly matrixed & virtual environment, provide medical perspective, TM strategies and plans required for Stem Cell Therapy and/or Liver Disease
- Responsible for establishing TM Strategies and Plans for project at project start and through PoC including revers translation for projects in the area together with research, biomarker and clinical groups.
- The TM strategy define the approach to patient segmentation and to establish target engagement, proof of pharmacology and early evidence for clinical efficacy in phase 1/2a studies.
- The TM plan describes the integrated activities required e.g. biomarker plan and phase 0 studies to establish and validate the measurements to be used for patient population / segmentation, target engagement, proof of pharmacology, and early clinical efficacy in phase 1b/2a
- Provide strategies and plans for revers translation of human and clinical study data to support target validation and selection, establish implications to ongoing research projects and define new hypothesis for patient selection together with research and clinical.
- Identifies and ensures the success of key external collaborations required to support TM plans or reverse translational activities.
- Define and lead phase 0 clinical studies part of TM plans
- Responsible to secure timely execution of TM plans with high quality driving decision making together with internal and external collaborators via successful multidisciplinary team working.
- Builds relationships & collaborates with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs and biotech and is an international subject matter expert.
- Contributes key input to other GI DDU areas.
- Is a member of the GI DDU matrix team and contributes to strategic decisions to advance research projects from early stages to developmental in a way that maximizes the likelihood of long term success.
- Participate in evaluation of preclinical and clinical in licensing candidates from institutions and companies and provides expert input to GI business development team
- Represents Takeda and is responsible for creating a presence in scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive situation, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership) and is well informed about current regulatory (FDA, EMA, etc.) requirements and trends.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- M.D. with preferably a Ph.D or research experience and with significant industry and leadership experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years of directly related experience within industry and academia with a proven leadership in translational research in Inflammation/IBD
- Internationally recognized leader in area of expertise
- Strong leadership and strategic skills and acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Capable of leading a multifunctional matrixed team comprised of scientists and physicians from within Takeda as well as external collaborators.
- Requires approximately 20% or more travel, including international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.