Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Research Associate II, Medicinal Chemistry in our San Diego, California office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Research Associate II, Medicinal Chemistry on the Medicinal Chemistry Research team, you will be empowered to contribute to the prioritization of synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization.
- The Senior Research Associate II, Medicinal Chemistry under minimal supervision, supports TCAL drug discovery projects through the chemical synthesis of biologically active small-molecules and synthetic intermediates.
- Conducts the synthesis of complex target molecules. Designs viable synthetic routes and performs literature searches in support of research. Develops solutions to synthetic problems with little guidance and troubleshoots experiments to achieve goals. Analyzes and interprets scientific data independently.
- Contributes to the prioritization of synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization.
- Effectively utilizes structure-activity relationships and medicinal chemistry principles to contribute to the design of relevant and innovative compounds.
- Maintains a current understanding of the organic chemistry literature.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of biological assays and methodologies and integrates this into a medicinal chemistry strategy.
- Presents/presents written and oral reports on scientific work.
- Responsible for maintaining a complete and concise laboratory notebook and writing experimental procedures for patent disclosures.
- Contributes to authorship of patent applications and scientific papers.
- Contributes to the improvement of scientific methods; participates in the development of hypothesis, conducts analysis of results and draws conclusions; may make modifications to experimental procedures and techniques
- Presents data to other scientific staff or cross-functional project team; may present data/posters to external research or scientific community
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- MS/MA in Chemistry with minimum 2 years experience in small-molecule drug discovery, OR
- BS/BA in Chemistry with minimum 6 years experience in small-molecule drug discovery
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Clear understanding of experimental design
- Practical experience in Medicinal Chemistry
- Proficiency with chemistry drawing software (e.g., Chemdraw) and MS office applications
- Strong knowledge of lab equipment such as rotary evaporators, NMR, analytical and prep HPLC, LC-MS, chromatography equipment, etcetera
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals and biohazards
- Prolonged standing in the laboratory to perform synthetic organic chemistry.
- Manual dexterity required to operate standard laboratory equipment (i.e. LCMS, NMR, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- May travel to scientific conferences and attend career development training courses
- Requires up to 1% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.