Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us a Solutions Engineer II, Lab Computing Services in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Solutions Engineer II working in the Lab Computing Services team, a typical day will include:
This role supports scientific lab computing services for Takeda sites in the United States in support of research, pharmaceutical sciences and vaccines areas scientific labs. The primary site is Takeda s instrument-rich location in Cambridge, MA, where cutting-edge research is performed.
Reports to Global Head of Scientific Lab Computing Services in Cambridge, MA.
Partners with IT groups and ensures the lab computing needs of the scientific business functions are met. Provides technical analysis, expertise and establishes design of all technical aspects or provides technical expertise for scientific laboratory computing solutions of intermediate and large complexity. Drives laboratory IT operating model efficiencies, standards, and innovative methods. Integrates and uses knowledge of applications and laboratory IT landscape to explore and identify possible solutions related to defined technical problems, uses a consultative approach and finds opportunities to improve business solutions support. Maintains and partly creates elements of complex solutions to support laboratory data workflow and lifecycle.
- Provides technical analysis, design, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of solutions according to Takeda standards using deep knowledge of IT solutions and landscape.
- Solves unique and complex technical problems that occur during daily laboratory instrument operations in different scientific methods and therapeutic areas. Acts as a point of escalation for moderate, non-routine technical problems.
- Builds and maintains ongoing maintenance of laboratory data acquisition solutions or configurations of solutions.
- Analyses and makes technical recommendations to project from vendor proposal responses and vendor evaluations.
- Uses various analytical IT processes and independent judgment to develop innovative solutions, executes enhancements, and resolves complex technical challenges to deliver consistent quality services to IT solutions and platforms.
- Designs/builds systems of moderate complexity with some guidance.
- Leads efforts in the technical planning, architecture development, and changes in specifications.
- Applies System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards to project work and the working field
- Develops and maintains support documentation according to Takeda Quality Management System (QMS), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and IT Project Life Cycle (ITPLC) standards, policies and procedures.
- May lead implementation of less complex solutions and/or systems by leading segments of a major project across functions or regions.
- Works independently and is primary resource on complex technical issues in the discipline.
- Establishes relationships with colleagues and vendors, and is influential in technical support of projects and ongoing operations.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 4 6 years relevant experience.
- Up-to-date expertise in laboratory instrumentation and continuously enhances own skills.
- Experience in Lab Computing services in a large medical institution, a university, a R&D- or vaccine-environment within a specific scientific business area or therapeutic focus.
- Knowledge about best practices aligned with computing services and ability to transfer this to aligned situations.
- Able to understand, translate and implement different methodologies for lab computing and measure performance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment.
- Ability to work with Quality Management Systems.
- Master Degree.
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life sciences software or solutions.
- Familiarity with regulated systems high level understanding of computer systems validation.
- Scientific technical training as a biology or chemistry lab technician.
- 10-20% primarily to other Takeda sites