Manager Global Business Development Finance and Analytics
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager Global Business Development Finance and Analytics in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager Global Business Development Finance and Analytics working on the Global Business Development team, you will be empowered to support the Global Business Development organization in the analysis and execution of business development opportunities including product licenses, research collaborations, acquisitions, asset divestitures and strategic investments. A typical day will include:
- This individual will interface with and support Senior Leadership in Global Business Development, R&D and Regional Commercial Organizations to achieve their goals.
- Management of financial modeling and evaluation of transactions, with additional participation on deal teams through the transaction process, including negotiations support and due diligence.
- Responsible for the construction and analysis of valuation models and associated presentations, including assisting with deal term validation and development.
- Participate in due diligence processes by providing specialist knowledge on the finance side of the transaction.
- Prepare quick, first-pass analyses with respect to potential deals (M&A, licensing, etc.), including more complex, fully developed models.
- Keep apprised of market intelligence within the pharmaceutical sector, providing special attention to current business development trends and implied valuations.
- Participate in ongoing review of current practices through identifying opportunities to improve the global business development group function and operation with respect to financial analysis, deal structuring and business case preparation/evaluation.
- Remain current on developments in accounting policy and finance methods applicable to business development transactions.
- Develop and maintain relationships across functional areas providing key valuation inputs.
- Serve additional role(s) as needed on transaction teams, including negotiation support and overall project management.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree, MBA or accompanied by four (4) years of work experience, with at least three (3) years of relevant business experience including demonstrated business investment analysis modeling skills (NPV, ROI, etc.).
- 2 years of healthcare industry experience, previous experience in investment banking/consulting (or similar experience where valuation-type services are provided).
- Knowledge of applicable accounting standards (GAAP/IFRS) and familiarity with SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, etc.).
- Ability to analyze financial results and know how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business. Must be able to conduct market, industry, and company research with limited available information under time constraints.
- Capability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in an unpredictable environment, while maintaining flexibility to deal with change effectively.
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Periodic overnight travel may be required including some international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.