Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Device Development in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Device Development working on the Device Development team, you will be empowered to lead a world class team and a long term strategy in Pharmaceutical Sciences. A typical day will include:
- Lead the global Takeda device development group, a team of engineers and scientists that manage the design and development of medical devices and combination products for Takeda s pipeline assets.
- Drive long term strategy and vision for the device development group
- Lead teams to evaluate and select appropriate device technologies for Takeda s pipeline assets
- Lead cross functional teams that manage device development strategy and execution
- Manage relationships with key vendors and assists with strategic aspects of vendor negotiations
- Monitor device competitive landscape and update Takeda s strategic direction accordingly
- Build relationships and shared vision with long term stakeholders in pharmaceutical sciences, device quality, commercial marketing, regulatory, clinical development, and global commercial manufacturing and supply chain
- Lead cross functional team to develop human factors and usability strategies
- Manage team members who oversee GMP manufacturing of clinical devices and combination products
- Manage team members that develop a broad range of combination products including syringes, autoinjectors, pens, patches, wearable injectors, and connected devices
- Monitor current regulatory trends and expectations and update project development plans and strategies accordingly
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Bachelors degree with 20+ years relevant industry experience or
- Masters degree with 15+ years relevant industry experience or
- PhD with 10+ relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in developing combination products under Design Control (21CFR820) and ISO 14791 requirements
- Experience managing relationships with external design, development and cGMP manufacturing partners
- Experience interacting with global regulatory agencies, experience commercializing combination products preferred
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Extensive experience managing device engineers and leading cross functional teams
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.