Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us a Senior R&D IT Business Analyst, Life Sciences Informatics Expert in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior R&D IT Business Analyst, Life Sciences Informatics Expert working in the Pharmaceutical Sciences R&D IT team, a typical day will include:
As part of a team, you will introduce and expand cutting edge data-centric cloud-based platforms, analytics capabilities and dashboards as a strategic partner to pharmaceuticals scientists who orchestrate Takeda s clinical trial supply chain. To achieve these goals, you understand the fundamentals of the cloud, data lakes, interfaces, data analytics, master data and dashboards, but also love to write, organize, overcome obstacles and drive for results. You are passionate about applying and tailoring industry leading tools and techniques of a facilitator, project manager and business analyst to the problem at hand. The role will give you the opportunity to learn how therapeutics move from process chemistry and bioprocess development to the final packaged therapeutics that get shipped to patients all over the world and how all that data gets connected and unified.
Reporting to the Head of Pharmaceutical Sciences Systems, Americas, you will lead one or more initiatives within our portfolio from requirements analysis and business case development through to implementation, architecture and successful oversight of platforms and support services over their lifecycle.
- Analyzes and documents business and project requirements and provides consulting support to Business for area of responsibility using business analysis methodologies.
- Uses sophisticated analytical approaches and independent judgment to proactively identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Works independently with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and is primary resource on complex issues within a clear framework of accountability.
- Works with global teams and runs effective global meetings using Takeda meeting tools
- Builds and maintains relationships with Business Stakeholders.
- Establishes relationships with colleagues within the Global IT Organization
- Acts as an IT lead and analyst on projects and programs in designated area and applies project management methodologies to achieve success
- Maintains effective document and issue tracking portals for projects and platforms in assigned area
- Maintains or provides input into project and operating budgets and reporting
- Establishes communications plans for area of responsibility and ensures adequate communication of key activities to all stakeholders
- Oversees data management and administration for key systems
- Manages vendors assigned to application support or project delivery
- Follows company and departmental policies and procedures
- Ensures documentation adheres to Takeda Quality Management Systems, Software Development Life Cycle and Project Life Cycle standards.
- Manages software application licenses, contracts and license renewals- working with vendors, procurement, legal, IT, service organizations and other teams.
- Delivers and maintain FDA 21CFR part11 compliant pharmaceutical sciences application solutions in a cost efficient and high quality manner
- Works proactively with software vendors to keep abreast of vendor technology roadmaps, releases, and long-term strategy
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent.
- 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment.
- Understanding of how IT efforts are tied to achievement of business goals.
- Knowledge of relevant business solutions.
- Business Analyst and Project management experience.
- Ability to prepare and execute business meetings virtual, face-to-face, cross functional, local or global to ensure meeting required deliverables.
- Experience in communicating effectively to business and IT leaders on content, context, process and decision making.
- Professional in-depth knowledge of business processes in the pharmaceutical industry within functional area.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Processes
- BS with 5+ years experience or MS with 3+ years experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Life Sciences, Healthcare, BioMedical Engineering, Medical Informatics or Bioinformatics
- A blend of Life sciences, management and computer skills.
- Familiarity with regulated systems general level of understanding of systems validation.
- Experience with complex informatics solutions
- Experience with Bracket ClinApps SmartSupplies a nice to have
- IT Business Analysis and Project Management experience in a large pharmaceutical environment with validated systems a plus