Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us a Program Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Program Manager working in the Program Management Office team, a typical day will include:
- Provides leadership to cross-functional teams and/or program composed of multiple projects/work streams with medium complexity in the successful delivery of high-impact IT initiatives.
- Determines prioritizations for IT initiatives, plan solutions to achieve identified objectives, drive program achievement, interfaces with senior IT management, and influences decision-making on projects.
- Communicates and interacts with the Regional CIO and direct staff to ensure that the results of the initiatives are incorporated into BSS/GDIS/I&R.
- Is responsible for managing a team of internal and/or contractors (Project managers team).
- Leads and manages a small team of internal employees and consultants within the department (Project managers team)
- Initialize and plan programs consisting of multiple projects and work streams with medium complexity.
- Manages global projects and programs with more than 20 sites/functions of at least 1 year duration with more than 10 persons under management.
- Creates, defines and maintain global policies for program and project governance, planning, delivery and oversight.
- Identifies and directs the program and resource priorities that align with business objectives and execute plans that drive toward goal achievement.
- Partner with IT and business area leaders across multiple functions to identify and plan major programs and projects.
- Assure appropriate prioritization and alignment with the strategy and direction of the organization and that appropriate resources are allocated for their development.
- Establishes and manages key relationships across a broad sphere of influence in a matrix organization. Manage the overall relationship between IT and several major business areas. Communicates with executives and managers in these areas on a regular basis to understand high-level requirements, address issues, manage expectations and review project status.
- Directs and coach the people in a team.
- Develop organization structures to meet business needs. Accountable for the integrity of key human resource processes including career development, salary reviews, sourcing approach and performance management.
- Ensure that program/project governance effectively aligns with technology strategy/roadmaps and enterprise architecture plans.
- Drive processes for assigning budget and resources to programs/projects; tracking program/project performance against plan; and updating priorities and budget/resource assignments based on performance and/or changes in conditions.
- Ensures programs and projects are delivered in accordance with all applicable compliance requirements, e.g. JSOX, GxP.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging PMO knowledge and implement best practices and continuous improvement.
- Bachelors, Computer Science or MIS (or equivalent).
- In-depth pharmaceutical industry and experience.
- Experience with validated systems.