Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Account Medical Lead Function as a remote based employee in Denver, Minneapolis, Milwaukee or Chicago .
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Account Medical Lead Function working on the Medical Affairs Department team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
- Working with Account Management (AM), serve as the first-line Takeda medical point of contact for key accounts.
- Through a deep understanding of key accounts, develop medical strategies and tactics that result in mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to deliver a partnership approach that will pull through medical strategies and tactics within key accounts.
- Working closely with commercial Account Management (AM) teams, develop medical strategies and tactics for key accounts by understanding population management strategies, priorities, challenges, and evidence needs.
- Develop and lead initiatives from a medical engagement perspective with key accounts in order to facilitate well informed access decisions for their covered populations. Cultivate strong relationships with key medical decision makers (Pharmacy Directors, Medical Directors, VP, C-Suite) at key accounts.
- Identify partnership opportunities that pairs key external stakeholder needs with available Takeda medical resources (HEOR, Med Ed, Med Info, etc).
- Engage payer KOLs within key accounts, when appropriate, in discussions related to collaborative research. Develop and submit concept(s) for review and approval, and may include participation on the study team, including potential authorship based on established Takeda policies.
- Lead effectively Field Medical Matrix partners (MSLs) and internal Medical Affairs experts to meet need of key accounts for specialized or deep therapeutic area, product, or other scientific expertise.
- Maintain superior product, disease state, and payer/provider environment and reimbursement expertise as required by scope of TA responsibility.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D.
- Seven (7) years of post-doctoral healthcare, pharmaceutical or managed care experience.
- One (1) year of proven ability to lead cross-functional team to deliver scientific information to payers.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Senior level influence and credibility with the ability to engage senior executives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong competence in presenting.
- Ability to maintain a command of a large amount of scientific information across multiple therapeutic areas and show effective written/verbal communication skills.
- Residency and/or post-doctoral training in a pharmaceutical industry/health system/payer setting is desired
- Experience conducting research projects in a collaborative fashion with US payers/systems is highly desired
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.