Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, R&D Legal Operations in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director working on the R&D Legal team, you will be empowered to provide your operational expertise and leadership and a typical day will include:
- Develop, implement, and lead strategic operational planning and management for Legal support of R&D projects (including forecasting Legal support requirements, and development of processes and infrastructure to optimize alignment between Legal and R&D)
- Lead innovation initiatives intended to leverage existing technology and identify new opportunities for technology to create efficiencies in Legal resourcing, facilitating knowledge management and information sharing with R&D stakeholders
- Lead development and implementation of Legal training materials to educate R&D client functions on Legal processes, tools, and requirements
- Partner with colleagues within functions such as Compliance, Procurement, and Outsourcing to ensure alignment with objectives and initiatives to support R&D client functions
- Create a long term strategy for aligning Legal and R&D goals/ objectives with corresponding metrics and reports
- Develop and manage internal benchmarking and resource planning methodology
- Chair regular capacity planning meetings to ensure necessary resources are available to support upcoming R&D activities
- Implement and manage standard processes for all critical Legal workflows that align key Legal partner functions in support of R&D (e.g. Procurement, Outsourcing, Compliance, Alliance Management)
- Lead development and implementation of technical tools to support self-service libraries and portals, client apps, and knowledge repositories for R&D clients
- Act as a global project lead and/or liaison for the Legal Department for Legal matters pertaining to R&D activities
- Manages development of performance metrics and reports
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum 10 years experience in operations, preferably in a legal environment in support of research or development activities.
- Strong project management, technical, and analytical skills, ability to gather, analyze, extract, summarize and communicate useful data.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in complex and emerging business and project areas, leveraging interpersonal skills and technical skills to optimize results.
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and manage major projects to successful completion.
- Ability to work independently.
- Advanced degree required in legal or business discipline (MBA or JD preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with process improvement skills, such as Six Sigma, Process/Program Management, and/or related certifications highly preferred.
- Understanding of legal department operating environments, and applicable policies and procedures.
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Experience managing, leading, and/or coaching employees.
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.