Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Research and Development Communications in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager working on the Research and Development (R&D) Communications team, you will be empowered to develop editorial strategy and content and support R&D leadership through managing communications programs and projects, and a typical day will include:
- Manager R&D Communications will support both internal and external global initiatives for the R&D organization.
- In partnership with manager, the role will provide expertise and counsel to partners within the various R&D functions and work collaboratively with the global corporate communication and business unit communication teams.
- Be an advocate on behalf of R&D with internal and external stakeholders and media across all communications and vehicles.
- Drive and manage various communications projects and activities for both internal and external communications as required in support of the wider communications team and its strategic plan. This may include (but is not limited to) the following activities:
- Interview and write articles, social media posts, web copy, FAQs, press releases, presentations, and develop promotional materials in support of business initiatives, programs and events for both internal and external audiences as appropriate.
- Manage intranet and social media tools, and contribute to editorial calendar by identifying potential article topics
- Shepard materials through R&D review process and coordinate with therapeutic area and corporate subject matter experts as required
- Identify trends in media that impact Takeda s R&D operations.
- Partner with communications colleagues in R&D, and other parts of the business as appropriate, to share information and coordinate the communication of R&D s patient centricity strategies and the strategies and business objectives of R&D globally.
- Ensure all communications comply with Takeda operating procedures and relevant industry regulations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in communications, public relations or English required; advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written communication. Strong presentation skills to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Strong writing and message development skills with an ability to write and adapt to various styles, formats and cultures.
- Ability to develop communications that convey complex ideas in simple, concise and creative ways to engage employees.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under extreme pressure with proficient attention to detail.
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously across geographies and time zones.
- Experience working with outside vendors such as public relation s agencies, design firms and production companies.
- Knowledge of or background in pharmaceutical industry desired.
- Certificate or experience in graphic design desired
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while travelling.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.