Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Production Planner in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Production Planner working on the Supply Chain team, you will be empowered to manage the master production plan to achieve site production objectives and represent the department for plant-wide strategic programs, and a typical day will include:
- This position is responsible to coordinate the production of drug substance products and in house produced semi-finished goods while balancing plant efficiency, distribution, and inventory requirements.
- Establish, manage, review, and communicate the master production plan to achieve site production objectives. The Production Planner is a mid to upper level technical position in the Supply Chain function.
- Generate, maintain and facilitate executable production plans as well as review of MRP and release of process orders.
- Monitor status of schedules. Communicate and help to resolve impact to delivery dates.
- Recognize, investigate, and resolve material and machine constraints
- Actively participate in daily production meetings and attend other associated meetings as required.
- Primary liaison between Supply Chain, Quality, Warehouse, and Manufacturing personnel to ensure schedule optimization and sales order on time delivery.
- Working with Production and Maintenance to support planning for preventative maintenance program to ensure that the manufacturing plan isn t interrupted
- Analyzing raw material usage, lead time, expiry dating etc to determine appropriate stocking levels to minimize materials wastage. Identify measure and analyze potential opportunities to improve processes and operating efficiencies within the Supply Chain team.
- Represent Supply Chain for plant-wide strategic programs and activities.
- Clearly communicate complex data and Supply Chain analytics to Site Management and to drive business decisions.
- Identify opportunities for refinement of scheduling strategies and process improvement.
- Develop and take ownership for long and short term capacity models to identify potential operational constraints.
- Other activities as may be assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in related field in addition to Minimum 5 years experience in planning/supply chain management or scheduling functions using MRP and/or an ERP system.
- SAP ERP system knowledge in a GMP manufacturing facility strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Documented leadership ability in process improvement techniques to reduce costs, improve service levels and manage capacity.
- Strong analytical abilities with problem solving techniques, unconditional commitment to teamwork and communication.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the facility.
- May occasionally work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- Some travel may be required; less than 20%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.