US-MA, Procurement Project Manager, Early Clinical Development and Research R0002470-MZ
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Procurement Project Manager, Early Clinical Development and Research in our Boston, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Procurement Project Manager, Early Clinical Development and Research Manager, working on the Global Procurement team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Procurement Project Manager is a procurement expert who is able to deliver projects across any non-manufacturing category, with project savings typically up to USD3m. They will work with the Global Category Teams to deliver proactive procurement initiatives in line with the relevant category strategy and annual plan.
They are responsible for robust project governance and the successful execution and completion of assigned projects in line with agreed targets. They will be responsible for the delivery of measurable business value and cost savings in project implementation through the application of rigorous project management, stakeholder engagement and category management tools, systems and techniques.
They will execute their day-to-day activities in line with Takeda s Category Management Framework, with a strong focus on strategic sourcing initiatives which aim to qualify and select suppliers that meet the needs of the business at maximum financial benefit. The Project Manager will also be engaged in non-sourcing projects such as demand management and process improvement where required.
The Project Manager is required to identify and resolve project risks with proposed resolution plan (ad hoc and planned), with escalation to senior stakeholders where appropriate.
They will ideally require business level fluency in the region s primary language, but at minimum must be fluent in English. Additional competence in other regional languages is beneficial.
- Delivering agreed targets through project implementation
- Refining the scope of projects to enable delivery in line with the top down targets
- Creating project plans, identifying required resources, identifying / creating all primary deliverables and receiving sign off
for all major gateways in line with the Category Management Framework
- Implementing the agreed project plan and reporting on progress to relevant stakeholders
Collecting the supplier, market, category and internal business data and information required to inform project execution
- Applying agreed Category Management Frameworks and ensuring project delivery is aligned to the long term category
strategy, sub-category strategy, business needs and priorities, and any category related policies
- Ensuring the projects agreed to within the Annual Category Plan are executed on a timely basis in line with the targeted
goals and that the identified savings are delivered
- Proactively identifying, reporting and mitigating risks to delivery
- Resolving issues and project risks on a timely basis to internal client satisfaction and escalating issues and risks where
- Liaising with SP&I, P&S and Category teams to ensure the application of the agreed relevant global processes and
- Liaising with Procurement Leads to request in country intelligence or other required support as required
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient handover Global / Regional category teams, regional / site teams and the Operational Buying Unit Team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) for up to 30% of time for meetings at Takeda and supplier sites.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Please visit our website at takedajobs.com