Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Technical Operations in our Cambridge Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Technical Operations working on the Technical Operations team, you will be empowered to enhance and innovate manufacturing processes and be the technical thought leader related to Takeda Oncology and Biologics products, and a typical day will include:
- Manage technical issues relating to the global external manufacturing of commercial Drug Product.
- Provide technical leadership within Technical Operations, Drug Product group for the management of oncology therapies drug product.
- Responsible for commercial manufacturing of drug dosage forms, drug product manufacturing process design, optimization, scale-up, technology transfer and validation.
- Lead to resolve technical issues relating to a product line or major technical projects within Technical Operation.
- Lead a small group of Technical Operations staff to manage technical programs and contract manufacturing organizations.
- Provide direct leadership for day-to-day technical activities for Takeda s oncology and biologics commercial drug product manufacturing i.e., trouble shooting, process changes and improvements, new manufacturing technology implementation etc.
- Lead and act as the primary interface on technical issues between Technical Operations and third-party drug product manufacturers.
- Lead the exercise in the compilation and analysis of production data, such as IPC, release, and manufacturing process information relating to Takeda s oncology and biologics product portfolio.
- Lead discussions on the presentation of the above data summary to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Author pertinent SOP s and manufacturing process instructions.
- Direct and provide technical leadership on Change Controls, investigations, and CAPAs.
- Lead critical technical projects relating to the manufacturing of Takeda commercial oncology and biologics drug product.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related disciplines and 10 to 15 + yrs of industrial experience working in a commercial technical environment
- Working knowledge of solid dosage drug product manufacturing operations
- Additional experience in sterile parenteral production is plus.
- Have direct working experience with external Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Have demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in a cross functional team environment.
- Position requires up to 30 - 45% domestic and international travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.