Insights Manager, Specialty Sales & Marketing Analytics
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Insights Manager, Specialty Sales & Marketing Analytics in our Deerfield office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Insights Manager, Specialty Sales & Marketing Analytics, working on the Decision Support and Reporting Team (DSR), you will be empowered to leverage your skills in data analytics to build insightful, creative and continuously improving deliverables to the sales and marketing teams and other key stakeholders across the Takeda Specialty Division.
Bringing a consultative approach to working with stakeholders, you will work closely with a cross-functional team to analyze data and synthesize insights.
In this role, you will become a trusted resource within the Specialty Business Unit for sales and marketing analytics and insights, while gaining greater exposure as the Specialty Business Unit grows. This highly visible role is an advisor across the commercial organization for implementing effective analytics and reporting solutions to deliver clear, accurate actionable insights with a relentless focus on accuracy.
The Insights Manager leads business reviews with the sales, managed markets and marketing leadership for Specialty portfolio of products to provide recommendations on effective analysis to answer business questions and provide reporting on HCP, Account and Patient level analytics, targeting and call activity. . The Insights Manager is also responsible for developing new capabilities to develop analysis and models that use best practices and industry knowledge including advanced analytical techniques like machine learning.
The insights manager functions as an internal partner and liaison between the Specialty Analytics and Reporting Group, called Decision Support and Reporting (DSR) and Sales and Marketing teams. This role also has responsibility for communicating requirements for each ad hoc request, developing the project plan, and coordinating and preparing analysis that will be incorporated directly into the ongoing reporting, sales force effectiveness, special projects, annual brand planning and other critical sales and marketing team decision processes. The right candidate for this role has a deep understanding of the types of analyses and insights that can be drawn from using HCP, account and patient level data and can act as an advisor and speak effectively to senior leaders about the meaning of analysis done and will have opportunity to do so often.
The right candidate for this role has worked with patient level claims, account and HCP sales data and answered business questions related to the brand, marketing, sales analytics and sales force effectiveness. The ideal candidate can add new insights in looking at call activity, sales force sizing and opportunity to optimize resource allocation. This person is also familiar with patient journey and line of therapy analytics.
This role works closely with the reporting and data integrity teams to ensure data sources are clean and accurate and any resulting reports reflect the nature of the analysis and knows which questions to ask to ensure accuracy.
- Leads the development of a holistic cross-functional specialty DSR point of view to address specified ad hoc sales and marketing and/or cross-functional business questions that require the integration of output from marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science, and primarily market research. Creates value by adding own and synthesizing groups insights into actionable reports with insights from the results, the why of the visual information.
- Represents any level of Sr. DSR Management Staff as appropriate on internal committees or external team (e.g. business partners) meetings and communications. Suggests content for agendas, prepares and delivers presentations to address information needs and provides DSR perspective to decisions at hand.
- Manages the performance of detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses in the area of regional market landscapes for product portfolios with annual sales force effort expenditures worth hundreds millions of dollars or more. Represents DSR in discussions with senior executives in sales force effort allocation..
- Recommends courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business planning activities, such as introduction of CSOs, sizing changes, new marketing campaigns.
- Leads reporting projects that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the Marketing, Sales Analytics and Sales Force Effectiveness department in business analytics and data driven insights. This involves identification and implementation of data sources, cluster analysis techniques and setting recommendations.
- Works with analysts to ensure that appropriate analytical techniques are fully leveraged.
- Takes lead role in working with other departments (e.g., IT, Data Governance, Managed Markets, Incentive Compensation, Sales Reporting) to ensure data quality, compliance and improve the quality of analytics.
- Ensures that all reporting has gone through the QC process to ensure accuracy and communication clarity prior to being presented to our customers.
- Evaluates, recommends and communicates appropriate models/techniques and industry knowledge to other team members and in working with vendor partners.
- Provides team members and vendors with timely, constructive feedback, and support. Motivates team to excel by leveraging personal strengths and coaching.
- Identify and proactively seek out opportunities to automate processes to reduce errors and to free up time for more creative work on existing deliverables
- Create and deploy tools and resources to continuously improve our understanding of the market and to drive business goals
- Participates in the recruiting efforts and decision making for new analysts by evaluating potential for success within DSR and sharing feedback with hiring team.
- Builds and maintains a learning and continuous-development environment to ensure employee engagement and growth.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 6+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, electrical or biomedical engineering, economics, math, etc. and 4+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative experience.
- MBA with a focus on healthcare and data analysis preferred, if MBA, 2+ years work experience required
- 2+ years pharmaceutical analytics/sales/managed markets experience.
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
- Knowledge of coding techniques in SAS and VBA, (Or Python, R, or similar), comfort with automation of reporting
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or similar technology preferred
- Experience with people and vendor management preferred
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for customer groups.
- Analytical ability to analyze relevant data sources and understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Management ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively and align with business goals. Able to empower others by delegating assignment and clarifying expectations.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Program
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.