Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global GI Patient Access and Value Lead - Early Assets in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Global Patient Access and Value Lead, you will be empowered to contribute and shape the strategic direction of Takeda s next generation of Gastrointestinal products. A typical day will include:
- With GI being a key strategic therapeutic area for Takeda, the Global GI Patient Access and Value team within the Global Commercial GI organization, is an integral part of Takeda s future as it relates to product development and launch
- The Patient Access and Value Lead will be an important contributor to shaping and influencing the strategic direction of Takeda s future in the GI landscape and is involved in pre-Phase III pipeline assets and business development opportunities.
- The Leader will drive the overall pricing and access assessment and target product profile shaping with the aim of optimal patient access in the future
- The objective of the Lead is to be patient and customer centric with a focus on understanding and meeting the needs of Takeda s Global Product Teams and Regional Business Units
- Anticipate / identify changes in the market and payer environment, identifying key issues and value drivers for the GI portfolio to translate information into actionable insights
- Lead all Patient Access and Value Team input within selected GPT s (Global Product Team) that develop and deliver an integrated market access strategy for all early asset and BD products based on understanding of the science and disease, patient and care giver needs, and the evolving payer landscape and evidence requirements
- Partner with Global New Product Planning (NPP) and Global insights teams to ensure that patient access and value strategy informs and is integrated into the asset strategy of each pipeline product
- Ensure that at launch, products deliver the value proposition most relevant to payers and is supported by a robust outcomes global value story, compelling evidence package, and pricing strategy to maximize both patient access and life-time value of the product
- Represent Takeda s GI pipeline products to the payer/ Health Technology Assessment (HTA) community and evaluate and influence evidence generation plans by synthesizing payer/HTA insights
- Anticipate the outcomes of key HTA body assessments to determine implications for value positioning and evidence requirements
- Explore and execute innovative access mechanisms that consider and anticipate the evolving health care environment to create win-win-win situations for patients, payers, and Takeda
- Initiate and organize events (e.g. advisory boards, stakeholders summit meeting) to support future patient access activities
- Lead horizon scanning and in-depth understanding of payer regulations and priorities, including the needs of all payer types (e.g. HTA agencies, institutions and patients) across major countries and/or archetypes
- Provide market access thought leadership and perspective, including payer pricing and access assumptions, in support of GI business development opportunity assessments and asset valuations
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Science-related graduate degree with postgraduate qualifications necessary. Advanced degree in health Economics or healthcare policy (MPH, MS, MA, MBA or Doctorate) or other relevant business qualification preferred
- Minimum 8+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry or payer setting with robust access experience and outstanding strategic thinking, problems solving, and analytical ability.
- Early asset market access experience is a pre-requisite for this position and direct experience in product commercialization desirable
- Strong understanding of global markets and payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, health technology assessment and payment policy, with the ability to develop and test payer-specific value messages
- Ability to represent all market access related functions perspectives in development and implementation of product strategies
- Ability to conduct landscape analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and to synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans
- Ability to develop tools that will support the Regional Business Units in product value demonstration and communication (including health economic tools)
- Experience reviewing clinical and health economic literature, including clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies to understand implications for payers
- Up to 30 % travel globally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.