- Leads multiple, complex initiatives and workstreams in alignment with the PMO/R&D strategy and roadmap
- Leads Change, acting as change agent use skills and expertise to inspire a shared purpose of intent, drive project awareness, communications, and training, while ensuring effective acceptance of operational improvements across R&D
- Partners with internal customers (i.e. Leadership, Global project managers, functional project managers, stakeholders etc) to strengthen and support strategic portfolio and operational project management practices
- Ensures portfolio level project management effectiveness through institution of: common process, effective system utilization, accurate data aggregation, and valuable reporting and dashboards
- Utilizes sound project management and data/system expertise to support departmental and broader Takeda process improvement goals, with a focus on Single Source of Truth and operational effectiveness.
- Supports and strengthens PM Community of Practice and PM Best Practices
- Key contributor of project management discipline to guide, govern, plan and execute for project success
- May oversee the activities of Project Specialist(s)
- Leads and contributes to projects, workstreams and initiatives
- Independently resolves complex issues and competing priorities and creates mitigation plan in order to drive to resolution.
- Challenges team to consider alternative perspectives to ensure robust strategy
- Understands strategic focus and sets/resets priorities for team e.g. Single Source of Truth
- Serves as customer interface at portfolio level driving accuracy and consistency to data
- Active leader and contributor of workstreams to define standards, processes, and toolsets that broaden and mature the project management discipline across R&D
- Innovates, identifies opportunities and leads continuous improvement efforts for systems and processes
- Develops and leads training sessions on specific PM topics related to tools, systems and process
- Interfaces and develops trusted partnerships with global project managers and members of the portfolio group
- Trains and supports the complex project timelines and other project level information updates in coordination with Project Manager and project team members
- Proactively updates information for key project activities, goals and strategy on the team website
- Partners with members of the portfolio group and other functions to provide system generated data for aggregation into reports and in support of annual goal setting process
- Manage resources, scope, prioritization, work-plans and the investigation of future improvements
- Facilitate and drive work sessions; leveraging flexible toolkit of techniques, with the ability to adapt approach to the needs of the project/audience
- Collaborates with other members of the PMO/CoOP to implement new processes to better support project teams and the broader organization.
- Provides technical mentorship and guidance to junior members. In some cases, may provide oversight or formal supervision of Project Specialists and Project Managers.
- Supports the design and implementation of new systems and processes
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 6 yrs industry experience with minium 3 yrs in a drug development PM role
- Minimum 4 years people management experience and/or proven leadership experience in managing a matrix team.
- Advanced PM skills and understanding of drug development
- PMP Certificaton Preferred
- Business acumen and ability to interact effectively with all levels organizationally.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement initiatives and coordinate resources.
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
- Strong business analysis skills, proven meeting facilitation and documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to share information effectively
- Builds strong productive relationships with key partners
- Advanced expertise with project management related software and tools (i.e. MS Project, Sharepoint etc)