Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Strategy, Goals and Incentives in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Strategy, Goals and Incentives working on our Sales Planning and Analytics team, you will be empowered to guiding the strategic vision and direction of our General Medicines Business Unit s (GMBU) multi-million-dollar annual field sales incentive compensation and awards programs. A typical day will include:
- The Associate Director, Strategy, Goals and Incentives will be responsible for leading the creation, modeling and presentation of a variety of goal setting, incentive compensation, and awards program scenarios to VPs and Senior Directors of Sales Leadership, Marketing, HR, Legal and Finance (the Sales IC Executive Committee ).
- The Leader, Strategy, Goals and Incentives will recommend appropriate courses of action based upon application of proven analytical modeling techniques and have responsibility for implementing and monitoring the goals, incentive compensation (IC) plans and awards programs the Sales IC Executive Committee approves.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive project management plan for each fiscal year (FY) to include a field sales communication plan and timeline for the incentive compensation and awards programs, sales incentive payout, goal setting and awards reporting processes.
- Work frequently and closely with executive leadership across marketing, sales, managed markets, operations, compensation, sales planning and analytics and other cross functional teams to lead the development of the sales incentive compensation (IC) philosophy and strategy for all of Takeda Pharmaceutical North American field sales organizations.
- Serve as subject matter expert for members of the Sales Incentive Compensation Executive Committee on the appropriate course of action across each brand, considering quarterly and annual national goals, management of a multi-million dollar operating budget, and corporate sales objectives.
- Vigilantly tracks budget compliance based on projected results and reports projections, with explanations of variance, to Sales Incentive Compensation Executive Committee.
- Lead the design and implementation of sales incentive compensation plans and awards programs that motivate field sales personnel to achieve high levels of sales results, adhere to the Guiding Principles of the IC Philosophy while effectively balancing conflicts among competing objectives.
- Works with Senior Sales Management to develop appropriate communication tools for the field for complete understanding of how their incentive plans and award programs work.
- Leads, coaches, directs the daily work and guides the professional development of an overall team of direct an indirect reports, comprised of senior professionals, to guide the department s prospective analyses of the incentive compensation plan to ensure it adheres to the IC Philosophy s Guiding Principles, including modeling plan scenarios and development of quantitative goals for each product promoted in each footprint, including retrospective analyses of IC Plans to ensure their alignment potential areas for improvement.
- Responsible for department performance and development, hiring, and training in conjunction with the Manger, Sales IC & Goals.
- Develops equitable award program methodologies for Cresset (top 10% of sales force) and other awards as needed, based on guidance of Sales IC Executive Committee.
- Determines appropriate methodology for calculating field sales quantitative performance management scores in conjunction with sales leadership and HR business partners.
- Provides quarterly and annual Sales Incentive Compensation results to Sales IC Executive Committee. This includes direction to the department on specific analyses required for the Executive Committee to interpret results appropriately and provide insight on the results to their supervisors and direct reports alike.
- Responsible for the generation, distribution, and accuracy of monthly and quarterly compensation reports to internal senior management, across primary care managed market sales forces, including all award programs and monthly Sales IC bonus reports to all levels in field sales.
- Coordinates with IT and HR to ensure the quarterly eligibility process is accurate for payouts and award program administration.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Two+ (2) years experience in pharmaceutical incentive compensation design and administration or comparable experience in quantitative statistical modeling.
- Seven (7) years experience in sales operations or related analytical field.
- Must have a firm grasp of the pharmaceutical industry and comprehensive knowledge of analytical techniques as related to sales force deployment and incentive compensation.
- Strong analytical and model-building capabilities and be familiar with the tenants of brand strategy within the pharmaceutical industry required.
- Advanced communication, presentation, project planning, and management skills required.
- Advanced Knowledge of one or more coding techniques such as SAS, VBA is a plus, Excel is required.
- Knowledge of other analytics areas such as size and structure, call planning, alignments, etc. is a strong plus
- 10-15% travel with travel to national sales meetings is required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.