Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Director, Vaccine Product Manager (Supply Chain) at our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Director, Vaccine Product Manager working on the Supply Chain & Planning team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
- The Vaccine Product Manager is accountable for all strategic, tactical and operational tasks related to the given high-complexity product. The Vaccine Product Manager gets support by the Global Supply Chain and Manufacturing (GSCM) team members for driving the strategy of the product and the Master Planner and other operational functions to fulfill the tactical and operational responsibilities.
- The Vaccine Product Manager also represents Vaccine Operations (VO) in different product management committees such as Global Product Team/ Technical Development Team / Commercial Branding Team / Established Product Team
- Accountable for the product s mid- to long-term global commercial supply chain strategy development with the objective to limit COGS, optimize investments and risk, improve inventory, and deliver the service required by markets
- Involvement in long-term Rough Cut Capacity Planning discussions
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional decision-making team GSCM, represent VO in different product management committees such as Global Product Team (GPT)/ Technical Development Team (TDT) / Commercial Branding Team (GCBT) / Established Product Team (EPS).
- Oversee and monitor of life cycle events e.g. Launch and changes in E2E supply chain
- Optimize project portfolio and change variations
- Exception-based participation in S&OP, represent VO in GPT/TDT/GCBT/EPS
- Track status against financial and logistical targets (e.g. COGS, Customer Service Level, Inventory value and Days of Coverage, Forecast Accuracy and Bias and other supply chain operational metrics)
- Check short- and mid-term End to End demand (creation of forecast) and supply planning (master production plans) as well as propagation of requirements above sites
- Overview parameter settings and decoupling decisions
- Involvement in stock building decisions, source changes, regulatory changes and other life cycle strategic decisions in alignment with master planner and plant supply planners
- Ensure stable End to End supply, achieving required Customer Service Level (CSL) and fulfilling patient needs
- Ensure and maintain product specific End to End visibility: Drug Substance, Drug product and Finish Goods (FG)
- On demand communication with planners, Supply Chain managers and key stakeholders.
- Track inventory development (excess and shortages)
- Lead discussions and escalation into GSCM and Global S&OP
- Support issue / risk identification and resolution with relevant stakeholders members with input from Technical product manager
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Supply Chain or Mathematics/Statistics or Natural Science with a strong understanding of Economics required; Master degree preferable
- Advanced pharmaceutical business knowledge with minimum 10 years of experience. Vaccine and/or Biologics manufacturing is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain with focus on operations
- Advanced knowledge of planning activities
- Intermediate experience with respect to high-complexity product
- Intermediate knowledge of launch and life cycle management strategies
- Intermediate knowledge on cross-functional processes (Quality, Development, CMC, )
- Basic knowledge of finance and regulatory
- Basic knowledge of customs and trade compliance
- Strong passion to drive operational excellence in a customer centric manner for his/her product
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing is required
- Knowledge of other language spoken at the sites involved in the product Value Stream is a plus
- Advanced understanding of supply planning principles and strategies
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Advanced Planning Systems, ERP systems and analytical tools (SAP/APO, BI)
- Understanding of the principles of Lean and Six Sigma applied to Supply Chain
- Intermediate knowledge with Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
- Basic knowledge on regulations (FDA, PMDA, EMA, CHMP, )
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Proactive and able to handle complexity
- Able to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Analytical mind-set
- Solution oriented and high energy level
- Capable of presenting, teaching/instructing
- Outgoing and happy to communicate with a wide range of people
- Team player with strong cross cultural understanding
- Adhering to principles and values
- Persuading and influencing
- APICS or equivalent certification
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Requires approximately 10-20 % travel, which may include overnight and international travel to attend meetings, other Takeda sites, external manufactures, and another related travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.