Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Translational Bioassays in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As the Head of Translational Bioassays working on the Oncology Biology team, you will be empowered to supervise a team of translational scientist and maximize the capacity for nimble and rigorous decision making leading to successful proof of concept for Takedas I-O programs, and a typical day will include:
POSITION OBJECTIVES:Based in Cambridge, MA, this senior leader will be responsible for overseeing translational bioassays research for Takeda s Immuno-Oncology portfolio. This leader will supervise a team of translational scientists who will work closely with Research and Development project teams to provide tumor and immune profiling data at the DNA, RNA and protein levels across various preclinical models and patient samples, by leveraging cutting-edge internal and external technology platforms. By working in close partnership with thought leaders and big data experts within Takeda as well as within Takeda s biotech, academic, and clinical network, this leader will maximize the capacity for nimble and rigorous decision making leading to successful proof-of-concept for Takeda s I-O programs.
- Reports to the head of the Translational Sciences within the Oncology Drug Discovery Unit (ODDU)
- Will build and execute a strategy for applying multiple bioassay technologies including flow cytometry, tissue imaging, genomic and other cutting-edge technologies to support both forward and reverse translational research in Immuno-Oncology
- Oversees a team of internal scientists with expertise in multiple technology areas
- Creates an approach to augment internal resources with an external FTE model to manage a large set of translational research activities
- Liaises with other functions and experts within the Takeda research community (O-TAU, TREC, DSRE, DMPK) to find areas to collaborate, share infrastructure and to foster learning s across departments
- Identifies and participates in consortia involved in generating potentially informative large-scale genetic and immunophenotyping data sets
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in relevant field of biomedical research
- A senior researcher with 10+ years of relevant industry or academic experience with a track record of successfully employing data derived from multiple bioassay technologies for drug discovery research
- A strong leader who can manage an internal team of scientists as well as identify external models to expand research capacity in a cost-effective manner while adhering to tight timelines and managing budgets
- Knowledgeable in multiple bioassay platforms
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership abilities, and oral and written communication
- Exceptional organizational skills with capacity to multi-task and coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders
- Requires approximately 15% business travel, including international
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.