Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Protein Chemistry & Structural Biology intern in our San Diego office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The internship program is intended to:
- Increase productivity for the managing scientists, enabling temporary support for Structural Biology and Biophysics group.
- Increase the reputation of Takeda as an employer of choice for aspiring biochemists.
- Give back to the community by providing industry training for university students.
- Conduct routine biochemical laboratory tasks including buffer and sample preparations.
- Perform routine protein purifications using column chromatography techniques.
- Routine characterizations of purified protein samples.
- Manual and robotic crystallization of proteins and protein/ligand co-complexes.
- Screenings and optimizations of crystallization and cryocooling conditions to improve crystal quality.
- Perform crystal soaking, manipulation, and cryocooling.
- Ordering and stocking lab supplies.
- Maintain a safe and organized lab bench; keep an accurate, comprehensible, and concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Communicate with colleagues effectively; demonstrate effective teamwork in collaboration with other members of the SB&B group
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in protein chemistry and structural biology research.
- An excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Completion of at least two years of college education prior to the internship is preferable.
- Successful completion of General Chemistry and General Biology (lecture and laboratory); Completion of Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry and Calculus preferred.
- Familiar with preparing solutions, calculating standard dilutions, manual pipetting, and comfortable working in the 4oC cold rooms on occasional basis.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.