Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Technology Manager Data Science Amazon Web Services in our Cambridge, MA office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Technology Manager, you will be empowered to provide leadership and expertise and a typical day will include:POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Provides leadership & expertise in managing the Amazon Web Services data lake environment including: data ingestion, staging, quality monitoring, and modeling.
- Establishes analytic environments required for structured, semi- and unstructured data that includes a cloud based infrastructure with data processing and visualization capabilities.
- Develops, documents and implements best practices for Big Data solutions.
- Maintains oversight of platforms, technology stack and operations for AWS data lake.
- Manages projects and customer relationships of critical importance.
- Integrating Big Data analytics with enterprise systems. DW and data marts, a strong plus
- Drives rapid prototyping and designs for projects and analytic R&D environments.
- Maintains current knowledge of Big Data & IoT developments, opportunities, and challenges
- Develops and maintains technology and platform roadmap
- Develops advanced/leading-edge technologies and/or concepts.
- Strategically supports key business objectives.
- Develops innovative solutions, systems and products to support objectives across multiple business functions.
- Builds external alliances to gain and share information and industry trends.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math or equivalent
- 10 years of relevant work experience. 3+ years of experience designing and developing cloud based solutions (preferably through AWS).
- Proficiency in using R, Matlab, Python, other statistical modeling packages, with a focus on machine learning; experience with NLP a plus.
- Proficiency in developing production systems for processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data. Previous experience with Hadoop technology stack (Map reduce, HIVE/PIG, etc).
- Solid understanding of ETL architectures, database technologies, performance optimization, and building communication channels between structured and unstructured databases.
- Track record of success required, including effectively leading and managing diverse business functions and multiple projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, corporate partners, additional Takeda sites.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.