Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and
support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at
Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Specialty Training in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our
inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager, Specialty Training working in the Specialty
Training, Development and Operations Department, you will be empowered to manage
a team of Sales Trainers, serve as training lead for Key Account Management and
Field Reimbursement, and set priorities for the overall field and new hire
curriculum to include clinical sales. A typical day will include:
- The Manager, Specialty Training will
manage a team of in-house and remote trainers, and be responsible for
establishing a developmental path and continuing education opportunities to
improve skills and create promotional readiness
- The Manager, Specialty Training will
serve as lead trainer for the Key Account team, serving as a subject matter
expert for our Hub provider(s), to share training curriculum and build new
curriculum based on their input.
People Management/Training Lead
- Collaborates with Training Department,
Brand and Sales Leadership to ensure optimal pull-through of all training
programs to include: Initial Sales Training, Brand initiatives and Continuing
- Administers Performance Management
process for direct reports. This includes
writing performance evaluations, developing an appropriate action plan,
assigning ratings, and delivering the information to the employee.
- Leverages previous experience and
current product and marketplace expertise to facilitate training on clinical
knowledge, selling skills, specialty market distribution and
- Provides instruction to Specialty
District Managers and Field Reimbursement Managers on how to execute and
facilitate on-demand training initiatives.
- Develops and prepares trainee
evaluations and communicates observations directly to trainee and communicates
with training and field management team as appropriate.
- Reviews and approves new hire trainee
evaluations. Ensures field effectiveness trainers can effectively communicate
observations and feedback directly to trainee. Communicates with training
management team and specialty management team as appropriate.
- Leverages previous experience to
participate in the development of training materials on clinical/product
information and selling, specialty market distribution and reimbursement
(buy/bill, specialty pharmacy, site of care), account management (hospital,
infusion center, managed care accounts) in the biologic/infused marketplace,
and application of business tools, in conjunction with other members of the
training department and the commercial organization.
- Oversees Medical, Regulatory, and Legal
(MRL) process related to New Hire Training Materials to ensure delivery of high
quality content delivered in a timely fashion.
Product and Market Knowledge
- Serves as subject Matter Expect on
topics related to the KAM and FRM role: training, business acumen and evolving
- Conducts field visits with the specialty
field based employees to assess needs and build personal awareness to market
- Maintains a high level of market
intelligence, including new product training methods and competitive
intelligence, training programs and best practices.
- Participates in marketing meetings,
self-study, and field travel with the Specialty Field Team to increase and
maintain product knowledge along with market place awareness across all product
- Communicates (oral and written) within
the department and with Marketing, Regulatory, Specialty Leadership and
Specialty Field Sales Force.
- Complies with all Takeda Operational
Guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities, observed or
taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND
- Bachelor s Degree accompanied by eight (8)
plus years of pharmaceutical/ sales experience in biologic or specialty
experience and sales success with a minimum of three (3) years successful
training experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum two years facilitated sales or
leadership training courses with two years management experience (hospital,
infusion center, or managed care accounts) in the pharmaceutical marketplace of
Specialty distribution and reimbursement expertise (buy/bill, specialty pharmacy,
site of care).
- Experience in Gastroenterology or
Immunology Marketplace preferred.
- Experience leading a project through the
medical, regulatory and legal process.
- Experience working with external vendors
and training agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage
projects to a successful outcome with ability to master a clinical sale,
including selling skills and capabilities.
- Experience utilizing and/or training to
the Challenger Sales Approach.
- Valid driver s license required
- This role is located in the Deerfield,
IL Home Office.
- Willingness to travel to various
meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel
may be required.
- Requires approximately 25% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots
and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO
employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers
qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable
laws. For more information, visit
No Phone Calls or