Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, Forecasting in our Deerfield office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager, Forecasting working on the Business Forecasting & Strategy team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
- Manages the development of forecasts for products in assigned therapeutic areas. Serves as core member of the cross-functional team accountable for developing organizational forecasts. Manages all aspects of demand forecast creation including analytics, project planning, meeting management, and presentation of analysis. Leverages knowledge of a broad range of forecasting approaches, deep therapeutic areas knowledge, and understanding of corporate / brand strategy to develop forecasts that support annual, mid-range, and long-range planning; mid-year forecast updates; and assessment of lifecycle management
- Leader within the forecasting function. Implements novel forecast approaches, and leads team in adoption of techniques. Leads team in planning and execution of operational processes (e.g. annual planning, mid-year updates, etc.) May manage employees, contractors, or suppliers as therapeutic area needs dictate.
- Oversees and executes development of demand forecasts for assigned therapeutic areas in support of standard business processes (quarterly updates, annual plans, mid/long-range plans), as well as lifecycle management initiatives.
- Partners with or leads cross-functional teams (e.g. FP&A, C&P, Managed Markets, Competitive Intelligence, Decision Science, Sales Analytics, and Brand) to develop required forecast inputs, document assumptions, create analytical demand forecasts, and advise senior brand and organizational leadership of strategic implications of forecast outcomes.
Represents the cross-functional forecasting team in discussions with senior executives in forecast development.
- Independently prepares and delivers presentations with meaningful forecast implications, actionable insights, and recommendations to senior executive leadership. Clearly articulates pros and cons of different options to facilitate strategic decision making. Leverages broad market knowledge to partner with senior team in developing organizational strategy.
- Provides ongoing updates to organizational leadership on brand performance against forecasts and KPIs, offering insights about performance and forecast implications. Leverages deep market expertise to provide recommendations on strategies / tactics to enhance brand performance.
- Is a subject matter expert in forecasting with deep expertise in assigned markets, and working knowledge of all organizational therapeutic areas.
- Defines and implements forecasting team processes to enhance consistency and efficiency.
- Recommends and utilizes appropriate quantitative analytical approaches including optimization, regression, and Monte Carlo simulation to meet specific/unique brand forecasting needs.
- Develops and implements novel forecast approaches to enhance forecast quality and establish best practices and leads team in adoption of techniques.
- Leads the team in developing deep understanding multiple therapeutic areas including current and future market trends, and adds significant insights into future market direction.
Where direct analyst reports are assigned, manages analysts in support of the forecasting function.
Manages analysts through the process of creating forecasts in support of organizational planning processes, ensuring the timeline production of required deliverables in support of multiple, simultaneous work streams.
Mentors and develops analysts in the use of appropriate forecasting analytical techniques, such as regression, time series and Monte Carlo simulations to ensure production of high quality forecast outputs.
- Manages junior analysts where appropriate in developing forecasts for assigned therapeutic areas.
When outsourcing is appropriate, identifies, engages, and manages vendors on analytic plans, analytical methodologies, and production of deliverables.
Participates in the recruiting efforts for new analysts by evaluating potential for success within BIS and sharing feedback with hiring team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 7+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 5+ years of quantitative analytical or forecasting experience.
2+ years pharmaceutical analytics experience.
Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
Extensive knowledge of forecasting principles, practices, and tools.
Extensive knowledge of pharmaceutical industry practices.
Project planning and management skills.
Advanced Excel modeling skills.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Basic people and team management skills including measuring and delivering performance feedback.
Resource Management; ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital); allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals.
Proficient in one or more of MS Office, MS Access, VBA, SPSS, or SAS programming.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.