Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Field Medical Educator covering the Northern California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado territory.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Field Medical Educator working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
- Provides scientific support and education focusing on community-based HCPs in order to enhance clinical care and build strategic relationships within aligned institutions and organizations in a defined geography for therapeutic areas of interest to Takeda.
- Provides medical insights and intelligence from the field to support the development and life-cycle management of Takeda compounds.
- Identifies and establishes relationships in collaboration with Government Affairs to support local and regional patient advocacy groups.
- Identifies and develops relationships with community based HCPs including MDs, NPs and PAs and nurses to educate on disease state topics, products and programs.
- Coordinates and delivers education to HCPs (MDs, NPs, PAs, nurses) through formal presentations, in-services and scientific exchange.
- Collects medical insights gathered from scientific exchange with HCPs (MDs, PAs, nurses) as well communicates relevant information in order to support medical strategies.
- Provides meeting coverage at scientific meetings with an advanced clinical practitioner focus and reports information of interest to Takeda.
Develops and distributes toolkits for patient education on topics including disease state and adherence.
- Addresses unsolicited medical requests from HCPs (MDs, NPs, PAs, nurses) using medically approved resources and aligns request with MSL or Field Medical Director where appropriate.
- Collaborates with Government Affairs in support of patient advocacy initiatives at local/regional level
- Completes all administrative responsibilities consistent with SOPs and departmental guidelines including but not limited to required training, field activity documentation, expense reporting, and other assigned tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor s Degree with an active RN, NP or PA license and a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
Two years of healthcare or related experience (nurse educator, clinical practice, researchor academic) following award of degree.Possesses superior interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers and superiors.
Demonstrates strong presentations skills and the ability to interpret and communicate clinical data
Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Clinical experience in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), biologics, infusion therapy
- Prior industry experience
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor s degree in nursing with active RN license
- Licensed Physician Assistant
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites/HQ.
Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
- Ability to use field based telephonic and computer tools for all aspects of the job is critical.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.