Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis at our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
This position will join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and provide budget planning and analytical support for Takeda s global Vaccine Business Unit (VBU). VBU was formed in 2012 on the foundation of a longstanding commercial vaccine business in Japan, is one of two specialty business units in Takeda, and is the only vertically integrated unit comprised of the full spectrum of functions, from research and development to manufacturing to commercial sales & marketing.
The individual will provide financial planning for select global VBU functions and decision analysis support, while also playing a key role supporting the global finance team and the support functions that reside in the US. This individual must also demonstrate strong partnering skills with functional leaders and team members to actively support management of budgets and resources.
Joins a global FP&A team to provide support for select R&D, Commercial, or Manufacturing functions within VBU (exact assignment to be determined), including managing the budgeting and forecasting process. Also provides broad analytical support for functions and global product teams (GPTs) addressing recommendations and proposals to governing bodies and the financial health of VBU
In addition to analytical responsibilities, plays a key role partnering with functional leaders to provide clear and timely reporting of financial results and advisory and analytical services and to influence and impart a cost and value conscious approach to decision making.
On an as needed basis, supports VBU-wide portfolio and product analytics and valuation, long range business forecasts, in support of periodic strategic planning initiatives and business development
Responsibilities are expected to expand over time and introduce new elements to support a rapidly evolving business unit heading towards commercialization of a global vaccine. If capabilities are demonstrated and opportunities arise, potential role examples include: supporting additional global functions or GPTs, business development analyses, supporting financial systems and processes (e.g., SAP, TM-1 based planning and enhancement of reporting packages, etc.) to improve data and analysis quality, development of analytical tools, etc
Position is based in Takeda s Cambridge, MA (USA) office, and reports to the Director, FP&A.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting or another relevant discipline. At least three years of overall business work experience, with some work experience or demonstrated facility with financial planning and analysis, business partnering/project management or scientific role in life sciences. Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous roles or experience.
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education & Experience Desired:
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or healthcare setting.
- Financial valuation experience
- Strategic vision ability to recognize, forecast and communicate events, which may impact the business.
- Leadership ability to guide a team in day-to-day and long-term related activities.Coach ability to identify development needs of staff and create a plan to address specific needs.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for customer groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management and representatives from Parent Company. Ability to push back in a respectful manner and to present unpopular ideas and messages when necessary. In addition, communication skill in Japanese is a plus.
- Analytical ability to analyze financial and investment analyses and understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business. Ability to interpret and question data inputs to financial models and support alternative recommendations as necessary.
- Management ability to set priorities for a team and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment. Ability to be flexible, be open to changes in priorities and introduction of new projects, and to deal with change effectively.
- Customer Service Orientation ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to provide best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
Teamwork Experience in managing within a complex, global organization with culturally diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Entrepreneurial ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent out of the box thinking.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites. Some international travel may be required
Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.