|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head, Formulation Development in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Head, Formulation Development working on the Pharmaceutical Sciences team, you will be empowered to play a key role on the Pharmaceutical Sciences leadership team and develop and execute strategies for Takeda's Formulations group, and a typical day will include:
- The Head, Formulation Development leads the global organization responsible for pharmaceutical formulation development in R&D for both small molecules and biologics (except vaccines)
- The Head is responsible for material development and its application to drug delivery systems that drives the current pipeline and for establishing and implementing the strategy for the overall next generation formulation strategy that supports the future pipeline in R&D
- The Head is responsible for the manufacturing of Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP) manufacturing for both small molecules and biologics and for the technical transfer to the commercial manufacturing organization
- Responsible to build an indication-optimized strategy for formulation development that meets the needs of stakeholders and is in alignment with the strategic direction of R&D
- Responsible to design and develop drug delivery materials, formulations, and devices for the manufacture of IMP for all dosage forms for all therapeutic areas except for vaccines
- Responsible to execute technical transfers to the commercial manufacturing organization by using robust and high quality drug product manufacturing strategies
- Responsible to build and maintain a highly expert and innovative staff that supports the novel formulation development strategy globally and works closely with key global stakeholders to implement this strategy for on-going value creation
- Responsible to establish and demonstrate an organization-wide framework, processes and best practices that support the long term value-creation for the formulation strategy of Pharmaceutical Sciences; anticipates changes in the science, industry and regulatory environment and ensures that strategies, resources and appropriate procedures are in place to meet future challenges
- Provides formulation strategies and resources that supports the externalization strategy in R&D; provides staff for DD and alliance support
- Propose a business case for bringing in the ground-breaking technologies and setting organizational momentum to pursue new technology
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics, Physicochemistry, Biomaterial, related field or equivalent experience
- 15 + years in pharmaceutical product development
- 15 + years hiring, leading, and managing technical personnel in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this role. Ability to effectively influence, build trustful relationships and make recommendations at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to form, lead, manage and negotiate cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Proven record of innovative and independent problem-solving skills, combined with open-minded excellent communication, interpersonal, and managerial skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively, strong leadership and organizational skills, and able to drive multiple projects to successful, timely completion in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings including overnight trips. International travel will be required.
- Requires approximately 20-30 % travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.