you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support
your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join
us as a Sr. Director, Corporate
Development in our Cambridge, MA
everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
mission. As a Sr. Director, Corporate
Development working on the Corporate
Development team, you will be empowered to direct, structure and execute strategic business development arrangement
and other transaction with key decision makers and partners. A typical
day will include:
- The Sr. Director Corporate Development
directs and executes the strategic business development (e.g. company M&A,
JV creation, sizable divestment) collaborating cross-functionally to
successfully identify and obtain access to commercial-stage or near-commercial
stage products that meet the Company s strategic goals.
- Presents opportunities to key decision
makers and effectively gains alignment on strategic rational, understanding of
risk / benefit and go forward process.
- Structure and negotiate all business
development arrangements and other transactions with strategic partners, in
support of Takeda objectives, while effectively communicating and managing
- The Senior Director, Corporate
Development is responsible for co/leading transaction process for strategic
business development targets, including: acquisitions, divestments, spin-offs
and structured investments.
- Work with VP of Finance and Operations
to lead Corporate Development initiatives, manage complex transactions, and
interact with financial advisors and/or counter-parties. Significant
interaction with Head of Global Business Development.
- Review and direct complex analytics to
assess opportunities (e.g. comparable deal analysis and financial modeling/NPV
- Draft offering memoranda, negotiate term
sheets and legal agreements that result in business success and maximum value
- Manage and direct transaction, diligence
and close process, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Sets strategy relating to how specific
opportunities will fit with Takeda s corporate strategic goals operationally
- Leads internal cross-functional
resources to finalize analyses of opportunities.
- Determines appropriate candidates to
pursue based on analysis and makes recommendations to Takeda executive
- Represents the company to external
contacts, serving as primary representative on assigned projects and manages
negotiations for target opportunities.
- Develops and maintains key relationships
across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally.
- Work closely with other GBD members as
well as the relevant BUs/Corporate functions (e.g, Finance, Legal, Operations).
- Participates as a member of, or acts in
senior capacity as needed, on governance bodies, integration team leader/
executive sponsor, partnership Joint Steering Committees.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND
- Minimum fifteen (15) year s experience
in corporate development/acquisitions, with direct negotiating authority in a
- Minimum twenty (20) years business
experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare and/or investment banking to follow
these industries with minimum 10 years progressive management experience.
- Demonstrated success in interacting
directly with scientific, marketing and other senior management executives from
business and health care institutions on an international level.
- Exposure to Finance and/or Commercial
Operations in the pharmaceutical industry desirable.
working in a matrix environment with track record of accountability and
- Willingness to travel to various
meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Extensive international
travel may be required.
- Requires up to 50% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots
and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO
employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers
qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable
laws. For more information, visit
No Phone Calls or