Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Operational Excellence Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Operational Excellence Manager working on the Global Operation Excellence Program team, you will be empowered to work collaboratively with various key business leaders and implement a continuous improvement culture and process, and a typical day will include:
- Identify inefficient business processes
relating to the management of supply and testing from contract manufacturers
- Plan, organize, facilitate, and motivate
AGILE project teams to achieve an optimal level of performance and quality, improving
value of business functions, reduce complexity and compliance risk.
- Manage several concurrent high visibility
projects using Operational Excellence Tools and methods, implementing Lean Six
Sigma processes that cross multiple business and operational areas.
- Act in a supporting role to the AGILE
- Strategic Planning Supports business
leaders in establishing and aligning Lean/Six Sigma improvement and
execution/monitoring methodologies to business strategic plans for the
facility, including growth, quality, cost out and cultural change plans.
Performs detailed stakeholder analysis, build justification, and develop change
management models that maximize outcomes, executing improvement workshops in a
manner that promotes operational excellence and drives for optimum solutions.
- Problem Solving, Project Planning and Management
Assist AGILE Change Leader in defining project scope and schedule while
focusing on regular and timely delivery of value by: organizing and supporting
project status and working meetings; preparing and distributing progress
reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans; and
performing delivery planning for assigned projects. Helps to design the future
state as it relates to shortened value streams, manufacturing strategies,
cross-functional processes, and the establishment of uniform policies and
- Process Management and Improvement
Proactively drives the AGILE Program at the facility. Develops and implements
Continuous Improvement in alignment with the Global AGILE Team, leading to
significant improvements in regulatory/quality compliance, drug safety, drug
quality, on-time/in-full delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Cultural Change Proactively strive as a
role model to instill a continuous improvement culture within the various
business functions to ensure the timely supply of quality products to Takeda
markets and the service of our patients. Support further development of the
mindset change within Oncology and Biologics and align with business targets.
- Training Education of employees in the
core focus areas of AGILE (operation system, process flow, value stream
mapping, management infrastructure & mindset, behavior, etc.)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Requires a minimum of 7-10 years of related
- University degree within Quality, the
Sciences, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or similar
- Wide professional experience in the fields
of Supply Chain, Quality, Technical Operations, Project Management and
- Wide professional leadership experience in
leading cross-functional / cross-cultural teams
- Knowledge of financial concepts and
techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes
- Excellent written and verbal presentation
skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skill
set to influence the direction and attainment of objectives without having the
formal leadership role.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple
projects and relationships cross functionally
- Strong background in Training and mentoring
of Six Sigma/Lean concepts at multiple levels
- Experience in a GMP manufacturing
- Experience in Value Stream Mapping
- Ability to present, teach coach and mentor
team members across the site
- Ability to conduct presentations
comfortably to large groups
- Effective communicator with all levels of
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to go
the extra mile
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately
5% of the time
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.