Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Research Fellow, Discovery Toxicologist in our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Research Fellow, Discovery Toxicologist working on the DSRE team, you will be empowered to design and selection of high-quality drug candidates and develop hypotheses on the mechanism of toxicities, and a typical day will include:
- Enable the design and selection of high-quality drug candidates with decreased safety liabilities through the leverage of in silico and in vitro tools and the development of toxicity/ADME structure-activity relationships
- Apply data-mining, data visualization and other computational chemistry techniques to complex datasets for the development of novel structure-activity relationships and QSAR models for toxicology and pharmacokinetics.
- Develop hypotheses on the mechanism of toxicities through the analysis and interrogation of compound-centric, toxicology data alongside associated pharmacokinetic and physicochemical property data
- Identify and lead the development of novel in vitro predictive tools for the assessment of toxicity
- Integrate into early discovery project teams and become familiar with the project s pharmacological profile, current status and direction of chemical space
- Provide structure-based risk assessments and experimental solutions in order to identify risky chemical space and derisking strategies
- Influence the direction of drug design and improve the quality of drug candidates through the development of toxicology-based SARs
- Use existing and/or novel technologies to extract and visualize SAR trends in chemical and biological data.
- Work with internal and external partners and collaborators to influence and lead the direction of the computational toxicology within Takeda, the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory environment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in organic synthetic chemistry is desired although will consider a related discipline with demonstrable understanding of organic chemistry.
- 8+ Year s experience in a medicinal chemistry environment
- Demonstrated experience in data curation, data mining and an ability to interrogate, interpret, and visualize biological and toxicological data
- Pre-clinical or clinical drug safety experience
- Demonstrable computational chemistry experience and use of scientific software such as MOE, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire and Schr dinger.
- Experience with support vector machine, artificial neural networks, classification approaches and quantitative structure-activity relationships is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of drug discovery including medicinal chemistry and basic principles of drug pharmacokinetics and metabolism.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team is essential.
- Experience with computational biology tools and identifying pharmacological pathways of relevance to toxicology is desirable
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages is desirable
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in pharmaceutical drug projects
- Strong, written, oral communication and influencing skills are essential
- Self-starter with a high level of independence
- Typical demands of an office-based environment
- 10%, both domestic and international possible
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.