Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
The Publications Manager is a key member of the Shionogi US Medical Affairs home office team. Will drive all aspects of scientific publications on assigned products, including strategic & tactical planning and implementation of assigned
projects. The Publications Manager is also a member of various internal cross-functional teams, and serves as the central contact for internal/external stakeholders with respect to scientific publications.
- Lead the development of strategic and tactical publication plans for assigned Shionogi marketed and pipeline products.
- Lead the implementation of publication plans to ensure high-quality publication deliverables.
- Serve as central contact with internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of scientific publications to ensure efficient and transparent communication.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs Directors and contribute to the development of Medical Affairs strategy for assigned products.
- Represent US Medical Affairs/Publications function in cross-functional project teams and brand teams, and provide input into relevant processes.
- Align with and support other scientific/medical activities led by Shionogi global teams as needed.
- Provide content and editorial support for select publications as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable Shionogi SOPs, policies, processes, and compliance guidelines.
- Prepare and manage publication budget for assigned product, collaborate with Finance to coordinate the processing and reporting of all financial activities.
- Oversee vendor-related activities (selection, contracting, onboarding, day-to-day operation, performance evaluation and improvement).
- Provide scientific/medical support to other Shionogi activities as needed (eg, internal training).
- Additional projects and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor s degree in Health Sciences or related fields is required; Advanced degrees in Health Sciences or related fields are highly preferred (MD, PhD, PharmD, MS).
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in Publications, Medical Affairs, or Medical Communications at pharmaceutical companies or medical communication agencies.
- Direct experience in publication planning and publication content preparation is highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical R&D and commercialization processes.
- Good knowledge of principles and practices of pharmaceutical clinical studies (including design, conduct, analysis and reporting).
- Familiarity with Good Publication Practice, ICMJE guidelines and other applicable industry guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams (across geography and culture) with a group of people with diverse skill sets and personalities. Team player, flexible and adaptable. Ability to build good working relationships, both inside and outside the
- Self-starter with ability to quickly get up to speed.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.