Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
The Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure is a hands-on technical role responsible for a full range of activities associated with IT infrastructure. This position will involve aspects of planning, analysis, design, development, testing, and
implementation of solutions, operation, and working closely with third party vendors. This role is also responsible for developing and establishing IT infrastructure standards and procedures. Will work closely with the IT leadership team and business units
to ensure alignment with corporate objectives.
The individual in this role will provide configuration and management of third level support for IT infrastructure and services. This role is the primary escalation point regarding IT infrastructure as it supports all applications for business departments,
and be responsible for issue and problem resolution, maintenance and enhancement, and accountable for on-time delivery with high quality. In addition, this role will collaborate with the headquarters located in Japan in order to assure alignment with global
IT strategy and operations.
Technical environment includes but not limited to: Data Center Operations(SAN and Virtualization), Server Platforms, Data and Voice Communications (Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Internet, Telecom, Collaboration tools, Video Conferencing), Security
of Network and Data (VPN, Threat Management, Firewall, Backup/Recovery, Mobile Device Management), Database and SharePoint, Global Infrastructure (Microsoft products, Online File Share solutions, etc.)
RESPONSIBILITIES - Operation and Support:
- Oversee all aspects of IT infrastructure and external/cloud services, communication services (WAN, LAN, email, phone, video, etc.), virtualization (VMware), database, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage the day to day operations of the IT infrastructure including downtime, reporting service level, defining and tracking IT operational metrics and provide status to management.
- Manage overall capacity utilization of server/hardware/network/communication environment ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of resource allocation and system support.
- Working with Quality Assurance, develop and maintain system documentation and keep records to ensure that change control and access control are maintained within compliance for regulated (GxP, J-SOX, GDPR, etc.) and non-regulated efforts.
- Plan and conduct periodic IT infrastructure assessments and remediation activities to ensure that the quality processes are supporting corporate quality and compliance standards.
- Maintain IT infrastructure asset inventory.
- Monitor and resolve issues by working with vendors.
- Ability to develop test plans, and coordinate testing, including end user reviews for modified and new systems and other after go live support.
- Resolve escalated issues to ensure service continuity and availability.
RESPONSIBILITIES - General:
- Contribute to the development of IT departmental strategies to align with the overall business strategy as well as corporate strategy.
- Develop and maintain overall backup and recovery strategy.
- Overall responsibility for licensing, leasing and strategic planning for infrastructure related systems.
- Determine, recommend and implement hardware and software upgrades for business applications, server hardware, network equipment, laptop, mobile devices, etc.
- Assure that documented evidence exists to provide a high degree of assurance that the operation and maintenance of all systems are consistently reproducible, meet the required standards and specifications, and all computerized systems comply with regulatory
- Perform technical risk management and mitigation.
- Control service level provided from vendors considering budget constraints.
- Assist in the establishment and management of infrastructure hardware, software and services of the IT budget and related system initiatives.
- Work as a member of the IT leadership team, and support IT related projects of other business area as needed.
- Comply with IT change control process in place.
- Drive overall solution delivery: Requirement gathering, plan, schedule, timelines, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Manage contracts of software, maintenances and services.
- Bachelor s degree is required, preferably in a business administration, computer science, information management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years overall IT experience in the pharmaceutical or equivalent industries.
- Hands on development and management experience with: network/servers/SAN/VMware/Windows servers/Windows Domain/Exchange and license management is required. An equivalent combination of experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 5 years progressive Project Management IT experience - managing and/or directing large scale, multi-functional projects.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle practices.
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced IT environment.
- Capable of managing multiple projects.
- Self-starter who is well organized; and is an effective proactive leader and communicator who takes the initiative in meeting personal, departmental, and corporate goals.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to conduct highly effective presentations with audiences both large and small.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to support the end user community for various common applications in order to solve day-to-day issues when third level support is needed.
- Should offer a broad and versatile systems and software background.
- Ability to control and work in a flexible schedule when the workload demands.
- Communication skills in Japanese a plus.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.