|Medical Director | Medical Affairs | Oncology|
This is an exciting Senior Leadership role within the Global Medical Affairs team of a Top-Tier Pharmaceutical Company.
This role reports in directly to the Global Head of Medical Affairs.
This person will serve as an internal medical expert for the U.S. region, and will be responsible for providing support to global medical directors as required. This person will actively lead and participate in a broad range of U.S. medical affairs activities, developing and driving U.S. medical strategies and tactics as a member of the country leadership team. The role is instrumental to the execution of a U.S. Medical Affairs plan. This person will serve as a key contact for U.S. HCPs, and will provide medical leadership and clinical guidance to the field medical and commercial teams. The role will interface with multiple internal functions to align U.S. Medical Affairs activities with global plans and strategies.
- Contribute as a key member of Regional U.S. Leadership Team
- Provide appropriate medical input for U.S. Medical Affairs activities; including strategic and tactical planning
- Provide medical leadership in interactions with external stakeholders (medical experts, patient advocacy groups) and internal stakeholders
- Interact with opinion leaders (OLs) to gather information on current focused therapeutic area issues and questions, and research concepts.
- Work closely with U.S. Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) to provide appropriate mentoring and support
- Participate and/or facilitate data presentation and discussion at regional and national advisory boards
- Contribute positively to a strong culture of business integrity and ethics
- Act within compliance and legal requirements as well as within company guidelines
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MD degree is required
- Prior industry experience, particularly in Medical Affairs, is strongly preferred. Candidates with no industry will not be considered
- Prior hematology or oncology clinical experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of hematology and oncology
- Strong leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders
- Collaborative style both internally with other company leadership, but also with external though leaders, medical professionals, and partners
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization
- Interpersonal/communication kills and ability to address the scientific and non-scientific community
- Detail-oriented, with excellent planning, time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently while organizing multiple tasks and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated independence, initiative and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel (20-30%)