Ophthalmology - Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for the successful promotion of approved products within the Client s pipeline and helping define Client Company as a leader within the ophthalmology community. This is done through development of long term relationships with key Ophthalmologist, Ophthalmic surgeons, and Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) accounts. The KAM will be the clinical, reimbursement, and account management lead with all identified accounts. The position will also be responsible for implementing short-and long-term business initiatives to ensure product access within a specified geography. Responsibilities will include ensuring fair and consistent payment, in the overall reimbursement process. This position will interact with a variety of customers to include; physicians, nurses, PA, office staff, and ASCs.
- As a sales leader, achieve territory sales by executing Plan of Action (POA) marketing strategies, which includes delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory
- Regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish sales objectives.
- Work closely with the Client s Sales Leadership and Regional Managers to appropriately support health care providers with their access and reimbursement needs, to include Medicare.
- Understands the complexities of reimbursement and experienced in successful pull through within Medicare Part B
- Provide outreach and networking with state/local providers, patient and healthcare systems advocacy organizations.
- Develop sustainable corporate relationship that will allow for continued growth of current and future products.
- Leverages a deep understanding of each customer s business processes and environment and actively engages them with the intention of gaining unrestricted formulary access to achieve performance goals.
- Develop short and long-term business plans for local accounts that address corporate and brand initiatives and goals.
- Utilize Active Account Planning to execute on Business Plans for each assigned Account. Development of the Account Business plans requires an intimate knowledge of the customer and market influences affecting their business.
- Monitor progress in accounts and modify and update action plans as appropriate (monitor customer contacts, plan execution, value, volume growth, and market share)
- Report progress in assigned accounts through business plan updates to Client and Publicis Health leadership.
- Effectively implement and manage all programs as directed by Client and Publicis Health leadership.
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources; track results over time, and adjust priorities and resources as customers and markets change during the performance period.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Publicis Health Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations and terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration Agreements and PDMA Guidelines.
- Participate in teleconference and live National, regional and district meetings and training sessions and represent client at National and/or local conventions when requested
- Must be able to drive to and around customer offices within the assigned territory, and hold a valid driver s license.
- Must be able to travel for work-related meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
Key Working relationships:
- Report to Publicis Regional Manager
- Follow marketing and sales direction from Client National Sales Director, Publicis National Program Director, and Publicis Regional Managers.
- Collaborate with Publicis Health Client Services and members of Publicis Health home office support team from various departments.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with customers and client contacts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year accredited college or university
- 5 +years of Territory Experience with 2+years actively managing or working within the Ophthalmology space.
- Experience promoting to Ophthalmologists and Ophthalmic surgeons, within the territory.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in pharmaceutical or managed care industry reimbursement space including provider site reimbursement interactions.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Account Management.
- Institutional Selling.
- Breath of ophthalmology selling experience to include pharmaceutical, device, and surgical.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Certification (CCOA).
- Launch experience.
- Sold Post-operative Kits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Complex Account Management experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of PHARMA Guidelines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulation and legislation.
- Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech and professional demeanor.
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information.
- Ability to effectively discover and address account needs with compelling messages and solutions.
- Ability to train physicians and other healthcare professionals with confidence and expertise in an office procedural environment.
- Project management skills.
- Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with quick, flexible assessment of situations and implementation of decisions.
- Demonstrated teamwork ability with high emotional intelligence in managing multiple business initiatives and cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Good organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency in using iPad and working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to servicing client s customers within the parameters of the program.
- Ability to drive to assigned targets within the territory using own automobile or fleet vehicle (if provided by Publicis Health).
- Ability to travel to work related meetings and functions as needed.
Key Performance Competencies:
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
At PDI, Inc, a Publicis Health Company, our vision is to continuously aspire to design, develop, and deliver industry leading healthcare solutions that accelerate patient access to enable the best possible outcomes. Publicis Health and its business units specialize in the sales and promotion of pharmaceutical brands, services, and products through field and inside sales.
When you join PDI, Inc., you have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in the health care industry. Our commitment to a team-oriented culture and value-based leadership model provides an environment where our employees can work to their full potential. All opportunities with Publicis Health business units offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive medical benefits package, 401-k benefits, and the opportunity to grow with the nation's leader in healthcare sales.
One of our goals is to continuously drive innovation through our people by creating an open, respectful, inclusive and trustworthy work environment. We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other qualifications. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment.
Follow us on social Media!