US-IL, Director - Area Health Systems Accounts - Central West Job 510467900A0-MZ
|About the Department|
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc.'s (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Director – Area Health Systems position is responsible for managing strategic regional accounts including Health Systems, Integrated Delivery Networks, and Medical Groups where applicable. This individual will also manage accounts within the Acute Care and HOPD (Hospital Outpatient Department) segments of Integrated Delivery Networks and Health Care systems. The Director – Area Health Systems will support the company’s business imperatives by developing and executing strategic account plans that demonstrate an understanding of the factors that influence decisions within the customer organization, as well as how the customer organization (IDN) can influence the manner in which care is delivered in the surrounding geography.
This individual will be responsible for managing and coordinating efforts of NNI Diabetes Non-Contracting Account Managers, Sales team members and Educators in Health Systems. They will develop health systems strategies which create mutually beneficial pull through plans to maximize productivity within major geographic sectors.
Reports to the Vice President- Area Commercial Lead. Manages Health Systems Account Managers, Health Systems Sales teams, and Health Systems Educators. Works closely with Sales Directors, Market Access Directors and home office field support teams to achieve business objectives and to ensure the development of people. Other relationships include key physicians, key thought leaders, key institutions, field and home office personnel. Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Interactions require the ability to gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
• Accountable for compliance with regulatory/legal mandates and for the continuous management and oversight of budget to target levels.
• Develops and executes Area/Regional and Territory Health Systems business plans that result in achievement of unit, department and Company goals and objectives. Includes customer identification and prioritization, competitive analysis, business success requirements and implementation plans, future trends, etc.
• Sets direction and strategy for aligned therapeutic area and evaluates new opportunities within Health Systems and determines appropriate tactics to deploy across the area/nation in accordance with the Novo Nordisk Way.
• Serves as the primary liaison with Market Access organization related Health System and IDN strategic direction where parent contract or payer drives formulary decision making.
• Ensures branded product acceptance within health systems and IDNs, drives use through protocol and order set development.
• Interfaces with high-level system executives (CEO, COO, CMO and Pharmacy Directors) and builds advocacy for appropriate product access and use.
• Builds strong relationships with, and gains significant support from, thought leaders, advocacy groups, etc. who impact Diabetes pharmacological treatment and disease state management.
• Develops and monitors performance against applicable budgets.
• Hires, inspires, develops and retains top performers within the Health Systems team.
• Provides clear team direction to guide objective setting, and coaches managers accordingly to provide information to their respective teams.
• Supports team success by monitoring training needs at the area and individual level.
• Spends adequate field time to coach and develop personnel and ensure that overall team objectives are being met.
• Ensures timely and accurate submission of administrative requirements in accordance with all relevant NNI policies, including review and audit of expense reports
50-75% overnight travel required. Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
Development of People
Ensure that reporting personnel have 3P forms with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process. Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
• A Bachelor’s degree required
• A minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical industry experience required (BioTech and Medical Device industry included)
• A proven track record of successful team leadership, with a minimum of 5 years progressive management experience required
• Previous Account Management experience with a demonstrated track record of creating successful strategic account plans
• Proven ability to provide innovative business solutions to influence area-wide/national business strategies
• Proven history of being able to influence others to work toward effective solutions in an environment with various perspectives
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 58806BR
Job Category: Sales
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com