This position manages the execution and supports the development of the Ethics & Compliance Department Operations plan and manages strategic department areas within the Operations function (e.g. third party representatives, special projects, etc.). This position also support and performs special projects aligned with the overall execution of the Ethics & Compliance (E&C) strategy across functions/organizational lines as requested by E&C management.
Reports to the Director, Government Reporting and Operations. Works closely with Ethics & Compliance Leadership (ECLT). Closely collaborates with Novo Nordisk Inc’s (NNI) in-house legal counsel, leaders across lines of business, and is a member of cross-functional teams throughout NNI. Supports affiliates (e.g. NNCI, NNRC) and Global Service Center in Bangalore. External relationships include vendors, outside counsel, industry peers, and government agencies.
Supports the Director, Government Reporting & Operations in facilitating and raising awareness of the Ethics & Compliance program while fostering accountability for ethics & compliance throughout the organization. Maintains understanding of laws and regulations, enforcement actions and evolving practices relevant to pharmaceutical ethics & compliance and proposes updates to Ethics & Compliance program as appropriate. Establishes and maintains coordination with the global Business Ethics and Compliance Office (BECO) by supporting the Third Party Representative process (e.g., LDDR responsibilities) and Ineligible Persons review, including updating and maintenance of processes and procedures for identifying Novo Nordisk employees, consultants, and vendors (i.e., Covered Persons, Ineligible Persons) while understanding local and global impact. Actively works to identify, analyze, and mitigate potential business ethics risks to the organization. Informs management of ethics & compliance issues in a timely manner, while encouraging the flow of information between colleagues and lines of business. Responsible for Records Retention as related to government requirements. Monitors and updates Third Party Representative policy website. Plans and executes special projects in support of department initiatives. Provides direction to the GSC Bangalore Compliance team. Provides support to the US affiliates (e.g. Seattle) and NNCI as needed. Assigned special projects as part of the E&C operations function. Additional responsibilities with department or operational impact as assigned.
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required, additional education/certification within the compliance and healthcare related fields is preferred
- A minimum of 6years combined pharmaceutical, legal, regulatory, and compliance experience required OR a minimum of 4 years’ experience required if accompanied by an advanced degree or certification (e.g. MBA, JD, PMP)
- Experience working under a CIA is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, FDA rules and regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceuticals, government corporate integrity agreements and/or other prosecution agreements with other pharmaceutical companies, PhRMA and federal and state aggregate spend reporting requirements required the current activities and developments involving pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Ability to drive multiple projects to completion meeting internal and external deliverables with high degree of accuracy
- Project management experience preferred
- Uncompromising ethics and high standard of personal integrity
- The ability to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- The ability to think objectively and use sound reasoning principles
- Builds and maintains strategic relations with internal and external stakeholders
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 56299BR
Job Category: Legal & Compliance