US-NC, Sr Manager, Supply Chain Job 460934000A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 54553BR|
Title Sr Manager, Supply Chain
Job Category Supply Chain and Logistics
Job Description Position Purpose: Lead, direct & control all supply & logistics activities, policies & procedures within Site Clayton Diabetes Finished Products - DFP, guaranteeing world class delivery to external customers as well as ensuring internal customers have the materials they need, when they need them, and continuously improving quality & cost. Continuously develop the capabilities of the Supply Chain organization & employees to deliver on & exceed expectations from all customers & stakeholders, both internal & external to Site Clayton. Continuously improve management of non-personnel related operating budget for Site Clayton DFP & ensure spending complies with all regulatory, GAAP & corporate policies/regulations. In cooperation with the Business Support (BS) management team, develop strategic direction for Site Clayton DFP, including identifying & driving supply chain related initiatives to ensure long-term Site DFP success.
* Coaching & mentoring of direct reports & overall people management responsibility for supply chain planning, warehouse, shipping & receiving teams.
* Continuously improve supply chain work processes thru implementation of PS Production System elements, leading in accordance with the Novo Nordisk Way.
* Develop (with BS Management Team) options for site/PS strategies to address challenges related to demand, capacity, inventories, & utilization.
* Prepare (with line of business) annual strategic Supply Chain & improvement plan & drive needed supply chain improvements across site functions.
* Ensure availability of raw materials, components & all other needed materials in the manufacturing processes & support processes.
* Establish production plans according to customer demands & production capacities; minimize impact to production due to changes in plans.
* Own, manage, execute & support process for purchasing of goods & services, including negotiation of major contracts, development & maintenance of purchasing documents & procedures, strategic sourcing & supplier network management.
* Own, manage, execute & support Site Clayton DFP material flow from receiving to release.
* Overall responsible for safe & efficient operation of Clayton DFP warehouse area delivery of products to customers according to customer demands.
* Collaborate with DAPI-US team.
* Secure continuous improvement of customer satisfaction thru frequent feedback & collaboration with all stakeholders within site Clayton & external to site, including DFP sites, DFP, Product Supply, NNI & all other customers & suppliers.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
Required Education: BS/BA degree in supply chain management, engineering or related field.
Desired Education: MA/MS degree in a directly relevant field or an MBA.
Required Experience: 5+ years of experience in supply chain management, production planning or related field.
Desired Education: 7+ years of leadership/management/supervisory experience in manufacturing or maintenance with a preference toward a pharmaceutical or other regulated industries environment.
* Proven process improvement & problem solving skills.
* Strong LEAN & Flow skills.
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills; ability to communicate across cultural barriers.
* In-depth process understanding of Novo Nordisk production processes, including: Filling, Formulation, Inspection, Assembly & Packaging, as well as support processes such as maintenance, calibration, validation, Quality Control & Quality Assurance.
* Good at planning, coordinating & prioritizing activities in order to ensure optimal use of resources in the department.
* Good negotiation, communication & collaboration skills.
* Able to relate to people in a diverse & international environment.
* Able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Able to travel domestically & internationally, up to 15% of the time.
* Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation.
* Able to adjust schedule to work with colleagues in other international time zones.
* Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction.
* Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions.
* Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands.
Department Business Support
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com