US-NC, QC Microbiologist II - API Job 460889400A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 54546BR|
Title QC Microbiologist II - API
Job Category Quality
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Additional Information This is 1 of 2 similar positions.
Position Purpose: Perform & review analysis of in-process & filled product in accordance with cGMP, site & corporate procedures & policies.
* Accuracy & Scientific Soundness of Lab Data.
* GMP Compliance of Lab.
* Environmental Compliance.
* Timeliness of Lab Results.
* Maintain testing proficiency.
* Perform/assist with validations of methods/equipment.
* Perform/assist with activities required with transferring methods/new products.
* Ensure department documents are current & standardized.
* Perform laboratory investigations in a timely manner.
* Perform actions in the nonconformity & change control processes.
* Able to perform systematic problem solving.
* Other duties as assigned.
BS/BA in Microbiology, Biological Sciences, or related field of study or a combination of education & experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a clinical or industrial/pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory.
* Environmental monitoring experience preferred.
* Microorganism identification by DNA/RNA or related advanced techniques.
* Knowledgeable in the following: microbiological testing, GMPs & laboratory techniques.
* Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
* Ability to author scientific & technical reports.
* Able to perform bacterial endotoxin testing.
* Perform maintenance/ troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
* Must demonstrate attention to detail, proofreading.
* Strong computer skills with a willingness to learn new IT applications.
Ability to execute testing according to a structured plan.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Able to work with hazardous materials & chemicals.
* Corrected vision to 20/30.
* Able to lift 25 lbs. with assistance.
* Able to support testing on weekend and holidays to support manufacturing operations.
* Able to routinely operate & inspect lab equipment using hands.
* Able to move throughout the facility to interact with other employees in the normal office & manufacturing environment.
* Able to work hours as needed to support production including on call, some evenings and/or weekends.
* Able to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Able to travel internationally.
Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Department DAPI US - QC Microbiology & Biochemistry
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com