US-NJ, Associate Manager Financial Planning & Analysis Job 448163000A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 52720BR|
Title Associate Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
Job Category Finance
Performs controlling, analysis and reporting function for assigned line of business budget area. Identifies and drives group-wide process improvements as needed. Responsible for the completion of month end financial statement preparation, reporting, and analytics.
Reports to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). Interacts with all levels of the business and partners heavily with assigned functional areas. Primary financial contact for assigned Functional Area and deals with all levels within that organization, from Vice President (VP) to Administrator.
Budget Revisions: Assists in coordination/preparation of Rolling Estimate / Anchor Budget document for Corporate Headquarters. Communicates/distributes final budget amounts to Cost Center Managers for assigned area. Coordinates/Prepares supporting analyses, schedules, spending summaries, as necessary, in support of Functional Area VP, for ET Budget meetings. In conjunction with Cost Center Manager, ensures monthly budget phasing is appropriate. Interfaces with Functional Area to gain agreement as to supporting detail with respect to ET Budget review corrective actions and ensures appropriate systems are updated and reconciled. Leads budget review meeting discussion between FP&A and Functional Area. Provides spending recommendations to Functional Area based on analytical analyses, acquired knowledge and judgment. Plans and establishes Budget Review meeting calendar for Functional Area. Responsible for ensuring Global Financial Planning system is updated, reconciled and in agreement with desired spend levels for assigned areas.
Controlling: In ‘Hard Close” months, meets with Functional Area Cost Center Managers to develop accrual journal entry support based on knowledge of assigned Functional Area, accounting principles and adherence to prescribed internal controls. Guidance is provided to Cost Center Managers as to the nature and propriety of accruals. In “Soft Close” months, provides Functional Area accrual recommendations at Monthly Closing Meetings, based on knowledge of assigned Functional Area. Prepares periodic reports of spending for Corporate Vice President (CVP’s) and functional VPs for assigned area and Business Analysis functions, providing commentary and interpretation of results vs. Financial Plan. Raises ‘red flags” as appropriate. Presents budget results, commentary, and action recommendations to area leadership teams on a regular basis. Provide updated spending forecasts, variance explanations, and business drivers to Director, FP&A for use in ongoing profit forecasts and analytics.
General: Responsible for ensuring adherence to prescribed internal controls and documenting such adherence, as necessary, in conjunction with Sarbanes – Oxley requirements. Responsible for mastering and becoming expert in various financial systems such as Business Warehouse, Global Financial Planning, SAP R/3 and ESSBASE, as required. Teaches, trains, supports assigned Functional Area with respect to Global Financial Planning, Business Warehouse and SAP R/3, as necessary.
Reporting & Analyses: Collaborates with stakeholders to design and execute analyses to support decision-making and planning. Performs complex analyses; identifies trends and insights; and translates data into clear, actionable insights and recommendations. Provides formal and informal guidance, analyses, data retrieval etc. for assigned Functional areas as needed. Responsible for the completion and transmission of monthly financial statement reports, analytics, and commentary to local and HQ management.
* A Bachelor's degree required; relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate; advanced degree preferred. Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred. Additional certification in specialized function may be required
* Ability to develop and maintain strong internal relationships
* Advanced capability in Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
* Applies analytical methods and tools to translate data into clear, actionable insights and recommendations. Customer focused mindset to service internal and external customers and provide the highest level of support is required. Ability to develops and maintains strong internal relationships. Ability to communicate and consult with individuals at all levels of the business
* Demonstrated ability to drive effective decision-making, planning and improvements
* Demonstrated ability to providing the highest quality services to internal and external customers; demonstrates attention to detail and skill at auditing to ensure accuracy
* Demonstrates the ability to lead discussions, facilitate collaboration among groups and deliver presentations to achieve objectives
* Experience with SAP or other enterprise systems a plus
* Must be able to use time effectively; sets priorities in order to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
* Must work with minimal direction. Ability to plan, schedule, and arrange own activities in accomplishing objectives
* Requires a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible, relevant experience. At least 2 years in accounting/finance required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department FIN - FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (2a)
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com