US-WA, Research Associate - Obesity Job 447667200A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 52739BR|
Title Research Associate - Obesity
Job Category Research
Provides technical in vivo pharmacology and safety support to the obesity research target discovery program. Responsible for research experiments and data integrity, as assigned by management. Under guidance, conducts metabolic phenotyping pharmacology experiments designed by research staff in support of the obesity research target discovery program.
Reports to a member of the Obesity Research Unit leadership team. Internal relationships include working with research employees, project managers, as well as colleagues in Diabetes & Obesity Research in Novo Nordisk Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, and Novo Nordisk Beijing. External relationships may include those with business partners, industry associations, legislative bodies, and focus patient representative groups.
• Performs in vivo physiology and pharmacology research to support multiple target discovery efforts, to include rodent handling, treatments, experimental measurements, data handling.
• Assists Research Scientist in designing and performing laboratory research experiments; demonstrates an understanding of basic experimental concepts, objectives, and concepts of experimental design.
• Completes assignments of limited scope and complexity requiring a basic knowledge of techniques and practices related to the research area.
• Identify the correct methods and perform manual calculations for sample preparation.
• Uses knowledge and experiences to interpret and properly document experimental data.
• Ensures data integrity. Conducts data collection and routine data analysis and documentation of data. Maintains laboratory notebooks.
• Manages site inventory. Orders laboratory supplies and equipment. Maintains the laboratories and perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Developing the knowledge and skills needed to support development and management of research protocols in support of multiple drug discovery efforts.
• Supports business goals, shares learnings, knowledge and skills, and cross-functional teamwork.
• Works with Department Heads and Scientists to insure better practice sharing and implementation within the lab.
• Must be able to lift 10 lbs to shoulder height
• Approximately 5% overnight travel
* A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience; Associate's Degree and additional relevant experience may be acceptable
* Rodent (rat/mouse) handling/treatments/measurements, and care is required.
* Spreadsheets and data analysis
* Knowledge of rodent pharmacology studies and metabolic analysis (food intake, energy expenditure, body composition) is desirable:
* Metabolic chambers (i.e., indirect calorimetry)
* Echo MRI
* Telemetry systems
* Experience with data acquisition systems
* Experienced with tissue collection and processing.
Department NNRC - IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY AND SAFETY
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com