US-WA, Senior Research Scientist - Obesity Job 447330000A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 52710BR|
Title Senior Research Scientist - Obesity
Job Category Research
Job Description Purpose
A highly proficient scientist with industry experience in assay development, high throughput screening and hit validation to provide in vitro screening support for new target and drug discovery programs in Obesity Research. Demonstrate scientific leadership through application of technical expertise, and peer leadership to the research team/group. The primary focus will be on developing and utilizing in vitro techniques such as cell signaling, phenotypic and biochemical assays, and receptor pharmacology.
This position reports to the Director of In Vitro Biology in the Obesity Research Unit leadership team. Internal relationships include working with research scientists and associates, project managers, as well as colleagues in Diabetes & Obesity Research at Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI), Novo Nordisk A/S, and Novo Nordisk Beijing. External relationships include relevant parts of the obesity research community, including key opinion leaders.
Hands-on development and implementation of cell based assays and in vitro screens to support new target and drug discovery, pharmacological profiling of compounds, investigation of structure-activity relationships. Accurately interprets experimental data, formulates conclusions and communicates externally. Drafts scientific reports and prepares presentation slides. May assist in the day to day supervision of junior scientists and research associates. May lead research projects and programs through collaborations and cross-functional teams. Maintains scientific awareness and expertise through literature, and attendance at relevant conferences. Provides support to the site and global business strategy through technical awareness, scientific strategic leadership, and by ensuring state-of-the-art competency within expertise area.
Approximately 10% overnight travel.
* A Ph.D. with a minimum of 6 years industry experience or equivalent in the areas of cell biology, obesity, metabolism and/or diabetes. Professionals with a Ph.D. plus 10+ years of experience may be considered for a Principal Scientist position.
* Extensive hands-on experience with development, implementation and management of in vitro screening systems in support of drug discovery programs in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical setting to include:
* Operation and maintenance of medium- to high-throughput/high-content screening equipment (e.g. plate readers, liquid handlers), automation, compound and data management systems
* Strong background in cell biology techniques such as standard cell culture, transient and stable transfections, primary cell isolation, microscopy and imaging
* Developing and performing in vitro cell-based signaling and functional assays such as AlphaScreen and HTRF-based second messenger and phosphoprotein assays, beta- arrestin recruitment, Ca2+/membrane potential, proliferation and differentiation
* Knowledge of receptor pharmacology (binding and kinetics)
* Knowledge of molecular biology techniques and analysis, including cloning and sub- cloning, construct generation, reporter gene assays, gene knockdown or silencing techniques (e.g. CRISPR)
* Knowledge of immunoassays, ELISAs, and/or biochemical techniques such as protein- protein interactions would be advantageous
* Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
* Ability to influence, communicate and collaborate across a global organization
* Demonstrates expertise in scientific field and ability to contribute to organizational strategy
* Demonstrates strong understanding of complex scientific procedures with technical proficiency
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Department NNRCS - IN VITRO BIOLOGY & HISTOLOGY
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com