US-NC, Sr Metrology Technician Job 440463700A4-MZ
|Requisition ID 51548BR|
Title Sr Metrology Technician
Job Category Manufacturing
Job Description Your Groundbreaking Journey
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
There are 4 openings that will be filled from this requisition.
Perform routine calibration, preventive maintenance & repairs to instrument systems & components of production equipment, central utilities & building management systems. Troubleshoot problems related to instrumentation & the process control system & be able to perform effective repair. Ensure compliance with cGMPs as well as local & corporate requirements for calibration compliance.
Accountabilities will be assigned based on the following categories. Employees may be assigned to one or more of the following areas:
Advanced Calibration Accountabilities:
* Performs complex calibrations in the areas of temperature, pressure, conductivity, humidity, pH, TOC, flow, mass & frequency. Maintains critical metrology equipment & tools.
* Leads, conducts, & participates in systematic problem solving. Supports cross-functional investigations in all customer areas.
* Evaluates measuring equipment performance & effectiveness of tasks & frequencies; responds to potential issues.
* Reviews documentation for accuracy & completeness & performs Technical Completion (TECO) of work orders in SAP.
* Practical working knowledge of process control systems (PCS), preferably Emerson Delta V.
* Practical working knowledge of instrumentation buss technology, preferably Devicenet.
* Owns continuous improvement & equipment reliability plans. Provides coaching & support to metrology technicians & process owners for measuring equipment. Owns Change Requests (CRs) & CR actions as assigned.
* Accurately performs complex mathematical formulas relating to calibrations.
* Writes & maintains standard work for calibration methods.
* Designs/Re-designs/Evaluates/Optimizes metrology systems & equipment.
* Supports &/or executes engineering studies & qualification testing for measuring equipment.
* Attains & maintains certification as 4P Shop Floor Trainer.
Planning & Quality Accountabilities:
* Writes procedures & SOPs for calibrations & repairs on measuring equipment in the areas of temperature, pressure, conductivity, humidity, pH, TOC, flow, mass & frequency.
* Assists in department planning.
* Reviews calibration documentation for accuracy & completeness & performs Usage Decisions.
* Identifies & handles deviations per proper procedures for measuring equipment. Owns Nonconformities & CAPAs as assigned.
Standardization & Continuous Improvement Accountabilities:
* Develops work packages & creates plans to support metrology technicians to include required documents, parts & specialized tools or equipment.
* Prioritizes & leads unplanned calibration activities based on business need.
* Process confirms calibration activities are performed per standards. Responsible for annual SOP process confirmation of Metrology Procedures.
* Supports Metrology Specialists in developing new or improved calibration methods & procedures.
* Ensures team members are trained to the standard. Monitors performance & the completion of training to assure the competency level of team members.
All employees in this job are accountable for the following:
* Addresses safety, quality, staffing or personnel issues & escalates to Supervisor if necessary.
* Owns KPI’s or contributes to KPI reporting.
* Provides performance review input for team members as requested by Supervisor.
* Performs the tasks of Metrology Supervisor under the direction of the Supervisor as assigned.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
Associates Degree or equivalent industrial, military or vocational training.
7-10 years relevant metrology/calibration work experience in pharmaceutical or other highly regulated industry.
Technical/Process/Functional Knowledge: PREFERRED
• Proficiency in the following areas: Metrology, Instrumentation & Controls, Electro-Mechanical systems & Electronics.
• Calibrate the following parameters: temperature, pressure, conductivity, humidity, pH, TOC, flow, mass & frequency.
• Experience using electronic calibration management systems such as SAP, Blue Mountain RAM, ProCal, MAXIMO, etc. (MANDATORY)
• Able to read & apply schematics, wiring diagrams & other technical documents.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Demonstrates a high level of organization in task management. MANDATORY
• Demonstrates logical planning for task execution & follow-up.
• Demonstrates a systematic approach to problem solving & troubleshooting.
• Documents problems thoroughly & accurately & brings them rapidly to solution. MANDATORY
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. with assistance.
* Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment.
* Ability to attain & maintain clean room gowning certification.
* Ability to work hours necessary to support shift production.
* Corrected vision to 20/30.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Department DAPI US - Metrology
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com