US-NC, Metrology Technician - Night Shift Job 431844400A3-MZ
|Requisition ID 50367BR|
Title Metrology Technician - Night Shift
Job Category Manufacturing
Job Description This is a 12 hours Night Shift position.
This is 1 of 2 similar positions.
Position Purpose: Calibrate measuring equipment on schedule & in accordance with corporate & local requirements. Provide troubleshooting, problem solving & project support for measuring equipment site-wide.
* Works in a safe & environmentally responsible way.
* Calibrates & repairs temperature, pressure, conductivity, humidity, pH, TOC, flow, mass & frequency measuring equipment.
* Accurately performs complex mathematical calculations relating to calibrations.
* Accurately & legibly records all activities in appropriate documentation. Writes work orders.
* Reviews documentation for accuracy & completeness.
* Operates & handles calibration working standards with care & expertise.
* Attains & maintains aseptic clean room certification.
* Identifies & handles deviations per proper procedures for measuring equipment.
* Supports cross-functional investigations & participates in systematic problems solving.
* Owns continuous process improvement plans. Provides support to process owners for measuring equipment.
* Executes work according to schedule & department plan.
* Evaluates measuring equipment performance & responds to potential issues.
* Owns KPI’s or contributes to KPI reporting.
* Contributes to process confirmations.
* Maintains training qualifications on time. Supports training others as required.
* Supports other department roles as needed.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
Associates Degree in relevant field or equivalent military or industrial training which includes a thorough understanding of metrology, calibration, instrumentation & control systems.
5-7 years of relevant metrology/calibration work experience.
Technical/Process/Functional Knowledge: Mandatory
* Competence in the following areas: Metrology, Instrumentation & Controls, Electro-Mechanical systems & Electronics.
* Calibrate the following parameters: temperature, pressure, conductivity, humidity, pH, TOC, flow, mass & frequency.
* Experience using electronic calibration management systems such as SAP, Blue Mountain RAM, ProCal, MAXIMO, etc.
* Able to read & apply schematics, wiring diagrams & other technical documents.
* Basic computer skills.
* Demonstrates a high level of organization in task management.
* Demonstrates logical planning for task execution & follow-up.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach to problem solving & troubleshooting.
* Documents problems thoroughly & accurately & brings them rapidly to solution.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. with assistance.
* Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment.
* Ability to attain & maintain clean room gowning certification.
* Ability to work hours necessary to support shift production.
* Corrected vision to 20/30.
Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com